Job ID: BH406386
Category: Senior Financial Analyst, Junior Financial Analyst, Financial Analyst
Job Title: Financial Analyst
Industry and Size: Manufacturing company for the US government
Team Size: This role is within a 6 person FP&A team that is part of a 40 person overall finance and accounting dept
Info on role: Well rounded FP&A role and will be part of a 6 person finance team. Want someone who would like to grow.
The Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team is part of a 40-member Finance organization, also including Accounting, Treasury and Cost Analysis. We are seeking a financial analyst with 3+ years of professional experience in financial planning, budgeting and analysis. Position requires frequent collaboration with internal partners during budget development, variance analysis, forecasting and operational reporting as part of the FP&A team.
- Partners with internal departments to assist in the development of budgets, forecasts, variance analysis and expense monitoring. Provides impactful recommendations that support the organization’s goals.
- Participates in the capital budgeting process by soliciting and modeling budget requests and developing associated depreciation and cash flow projections. Summarizes and presents results to management. Upon approval, works closely with budget owners to ensure transparency in budget vs. actual spending, timing of future spending and any changes to capital requirements as maintained through rolling forecast modeling.
- Prepares and maintains recurring financial reporting for senior leadership.
- Performs data integrity and validation during month-end close, including transactional research from financial system and source documents.
- Supports other ad hoc analyses and projects as required. Generates, analyzes and maintains data/financial reporting from disparate sources. Prepares sophisticated analyses and presentations regarding various financial matters for key constituents and/or senior management.
- Works with others in FP&A to explore tools and technology to improve business processes and participate with the Finance team in the design and implementation of new planning and analytic software and tools for corporate budgeting and reporting.
- Advanced Excel skills and hands-on experience with analysis and modeling in conjunction with integrated financial sources (e.g., PeopleSoft, Oracle, Data Warehouse, etc.).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills also required to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Successful candidate should be confident in their abilities to work efficiently and independently as well as within a team environment.
- Success in the role requires a high level of accuracy, productivity and flexibility to multitask various projects within a deadline driven environment.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.