Job ID: BH406177
Category: Financial Analyst
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Job Location: Waltham
Industry and Size: Software, 250 employees
Hours : 40 hours/week
Interview Process: virtual interviews
- Business Intelligence software
- Ideally 3-5 years’ experience – will look at over 5 years
Nice to have:
- Utilities industry
Senior Analyst, RCoE Service Delivery (SD) is responsible for developing Business Objects managerial reports and partnering with stakeholders to drive continuous improvements by increasing productivity, accuracy, efficiency, and effectiveness. Reports to the RcoE manager to deliver on the business reporting needs.
• Creates standard BI reports and other forms of technically enabled information to provide the business with financial perspective, insights, and monitoring.
• Creates Power BI dashboards and performance reports with metrics to allow users to be able to have a highlevel and detailed view of performance.
• Partners with Process owners to ensure proper documentation of service delivery processes.
• Support the financial control framework, ensuring compliance with all related controls requirements such as Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) controls.
• Support month-end close reporting process by delivering input reports timely during the financial close workdays. Assist process owners to evaluate business performance through BI tools and capabilities. Support end-users with Ad hoc requests.
• Perform data mining and ensure BI tools meet end-users needs for accurate reporting across the organization.
• Perform and document testing of new and modified reports, system performance, and other related enhancements. Perform walkthroughs with end-users for knowledge sharing of new and updated information.
• Identify and implement process improvements that deliver values to the organization.
• Support the management of RCoE service level agreements (SLAs) and assessment of key performance metrics (KPIs).
• Support rate cases and annual audit processes by providing timely responses.
• Assist in monitoring and identifying risks, issues, and overseeing change impacts. Support the delivery of change across Finance, Shared Services, business operations by embracing new ways of working and owning the delivery of critical outcomes to drive the improvement of long-term business capability.
Qualifications Knowledge and Experience:
• Business Intelligence systems, reporting tools, and data structure
• Report creation
• Data mining
•Utility industry accounting preferred
• System implementation
• US GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley, SEC regulations and IFRS
• Process Management
• Month-end close processes
• Risk mitigation
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, Engineering or relevant field
• Demonstrated ability to develop Business Intelligence systems reports
• Background in utility service or similar industry accounting preferred
• Knowledge of finance processes and terminology
• Basic project management and problem-solving skills
• Effective collaboration and partnership capabilities
• Ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and follow-up More Information This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.