Medical Secretary/Admin Coordinator (Cardiology)
Job ID: BH405534
Category: Medical, Receptionist, Executive Assistant, Medical Assistant, Administrative Assistant
Medical Secretary/Admin Coordinator/ Clinical Coordinator (Center for Interventional Vascular Therapy)
Hours: 9am-5pm Monday-Friday
Location: 100% onsite – Washington Heights
- Associates’ degree or equivalent in training, and/or experience plus a minimum of three years related experience.
- Experience in managing complex schedules.
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Epic experience
The Coordinator functions as the initial point of contact for patients and family members who wish to schedule an appointment. The Coordinator preforms a patient intake, collecting all relevant demographic, diagnostic and insurance information. The Coordinator will work closely with the other members of the team to ensure patients are scheduled and evaluated in a timely manner. Prepare all patients appropriately for their appointments including the dissemination of patient information and required forms, and other communications as necessary.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that all patients are treated with dignity and their needs are responded to with care and empathy.
- Responds to calls from patients and/or family members requesting appointments in a professional manner with a customer service approach.
- Creates charts for all new patients, scans medical information into electronic database Epic and prepares all patients paperwork in advance of the appointment.
- Schedules appointments in Epic, accurately registering and scheduling patients, recoding demographic and insurance data and updating establish patient records as necessary.
- Verify insurance information at the time of scheduling.
- Obtains authorization and referrals as needed and secures all office visits.
- Coordinates scheduling of ancillary tests and procedures.
- Ensures all pre-operative paperwork is completed, signed, scanned and submitted.
- Maintains and updates appointment schedules and calendars in a variety of systems including outlook calendars, Epic Snap Board, etc.
- Conducts appointment reminder calls 2-3 days prior to scheduled appointments.
- Follows-up with "no-show" patients and cancellations to reschedule.
- Follow-up with front-end work queues in Epic.
- Requests medical records when appropriate.
- Answering phones as needed, taking accurate messages and ensuring all calls must be responded to within 24 hours.
- Faxing, photocopy, scanning, and typing correspondence as needed.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.