Senior Manager, FP&A
Job ID: BH405524
Category: Manager of FPA, Finance Manager
Outstanding opportunity for a motivated, career oriented Finance professional with 7-10 years of experience and publicly held company experience to join a growing, PE backed educational technology company located in Boston looking to hire a Senior Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis!
Title: Senior Manager, FP&A
Industry and Size: PE backed global educational service technology company. Company is well funded and growing.
Why Open: Newly created position
Info on role: Newly created position reporting to the VP of Finance who reports to the CFO. Looking for someone with publicly held FP&A experience at some point as company is PE backed and if/when they do an IPO would like someone who understands the rigors and requirements of a public company. Need robust FP&A/business partnering experience and strong Excel skills along with someone who can build financial models and has forward looking strategy experience. Will likely start as an individual contributor but would like someone who can manage a team down the road. Company is planning on 30% revenue growth next year and want someone who they can eventually promote to become a Director.
We are seeking a Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Senior Manager to join our team based in Boston, MA. The corporate finance team is responsible for managing business planning, executing our forecast process, and evaluating investment opportunities. This role will report to the VP, Finance and will work directly with senior management to execute company's strategic objectives.
Financial Planning & Strategic Financial Advisory
- Lead the execution of the company’s annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes
- Key contributor in the creation, communication, and execution of multi-year strategic plan
- Primary custodian of the quarterly / annual financial model, working with other stakeholders to forecast P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow statements
- Finance Business Partnering in support of Operational leaders to identify areas for improved business outcomes and financial performance
- Lead in-depth analysis of key performance indicators
- Assist in prioritization and delivery of ad hoc analysis projects
- Produce a robust quarterly reporting package providing senior leadership with understanding of not only the results but also the leading indicators of future results
- Collaborate with our sales operations team to build performance metrics that support executive decision making
- Assume ownership of the company's metric reporting and analysis
- Recruit, develop, and retain team members to ensure productivity and engagement
- Engage in talent management activities such as goal setting, performance evaluations, stay interviews, development planning, and ongoing feedback to develop team members and achieve organization goals
- Provide coaching, counseling, and corrective action (when necessary) to team members
- Foster a culture that is reflective of Company's values
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Mathematics
- 7-10 years of Corporate FP&A experience with a majority experienced at a Publicly traded multinational company
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), three statement financial modeling, and consolidated reporting
- Strong commercial outlooks and proven experience in acting as an operations and financial business partner to senior management
- Excellent communication and influencing skills; collaborative and a team player
- Ability to think outside of the box, to challenge status quo, but to do so diplomatically is a distinct advantage
- Strong system skills with knowledge of Salesforce.com, NetSuite, and Tableau
- Advanced Excel skills
- Previous people management experience
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.