Job ID: BH404238
Category: Accounting Manager
Head Start No
Address: 42 Longwater Drive P.O. Box 9149 Norwell Massachusetts 02061-9149
Why open: Someone left.
They have an accounting manager opening and a Senior accountant opening, but they will hire Accounting Supervisor and a Senior accountant or 2 Senior accountants .
Senior accountant ready for next step, accounting supervisor, or account manager.
Do not send: They don’t like job hoppers. If 3 jobs in the last 4 years don’t send over.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
***********************Send below to the candidates************************
Job Location: Norwell
The team is currently remote for now.
Long term plan is to have this hire work hybrid- some days in office and some days work remote. Number of days in office and remote have not yet been determined.
Company Information: Large, Environmental. Public. $3 Billion, 16,000 employees
Interview Process:2-3 rounds. Initial round webex video interview. Final round face to face with the manager.
- Large company experience, ideally someone who has worked at a 1,000+ employee company, will look at resumes of candidates that worked at a 600+ employee company
- advanced excel
- ERP experience
- General ledger and month end close
- External audit support experience
Nice to have:
- Oracle cloud or PeopleSoft
- Experience working with external auditors on 10Q and 10 K, plus
- public accounting experience
Notes from speaking to them:
Large, growing organization seeking an Accounting Manager. This hire will supervise and mentor some team members– number of reports not yet determined.
The Accounting Manager will manage all aspects of the General Ledger process including journal entry preparation, consolidated financial statement preparation, financial analysis, and coordination and support of external audits. In addition, contributes to short-term financial forecasting and budgets.
The role is responsible for organizing, executing and constantly improving the financial close process across numerous operating sites, offices and legal entities. In addition, the position is responsible for controls documentation, internal control compliance, as well as maintaining and monitoring segregation of duties.
- Prepare reconciliations of specialized balance sheet accounts that are more complex in nature; Reconcile sub-systems to general ledger;
- Prepare and post monthly journal entries;
- Prepare account analyses of the more complex balance sheet accounts with month to month changes and year to year changes;
- Act as Key Liaison with external auditors for quarterly and annual filings; answer questions from external auditors and provide support as needed;
- Support the field and other business units regarding payroll, revenues, expenses, prepaids, accruals, etc. and other journal entry or monthly questions that arise;
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements;
- Prepare financial information included in footnotes and management discussion of 10Qs and 10Ks; Prepare some of the more difficult footnotes under the Corporate Accounting responsibility;
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and participate in the forecasting process as needed;
- Responsible for reporting to supervisor potential control deficiencies noted, procedural changes that have occurred or may occur which may require update to SOX documentation, and for suggesting improvements to the financial control environment;
- Responsible for reading, comprehending, and following the applicable narratives pertaining to Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements;
- Assist management with Ad Hoc projects that are time sensitive and have high visibility;
- Help train and mentor other members of the accounting department.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required;
- 5+ years of Public Accounting experience required;
- CPA required;
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required;
- Proficiency in Windows based applications & Accounting information systems;
- Ability to prioritize between multiple tasks;
- Ability to recognize and investigate unusual amounts on financial statements;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Team player;
- Analytical and detail-oriented;
- Proficiency in PeopleSoft or similar ERP software preferred.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.