Credit & Collections Director
Job ID: BH404219
Category: Credit Manager, Collections Manager
Large, growing organization seeking a Director of Credit and Collections. This hire will report to the SVP of Finance. Responsibilities will include supervising the U.S. team as well as an off shore team. Managing the day to day. Experience working with an off shore team or a Shared service team is a bonus!
The Director of Credit and Collections is responsible for supervising a growing team of Collections Specialists working to collect account receivables, investigate credit issues, prepare and maintain reports and customer files, recommend accounts slated for collection agencies or to be placed on hold, and prepare accounts receivable adjustments.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Direct team of local, remote, and third party collectors
- Implement technology solutions to improve collections and productivity
- Management of portfolio with particular attention to customer, industry or regional trending
- Creation of reports and metrics as needed to improve productivity and increase individual responsibility
- Excellent customer service skills including the ability to professionally address and resolve difficult customer interactions, and aggressively work with the Sales and Operations staff on resolution of pending action items.
- Ability to critically review and make recommendations of accounts to be submitted to the legal department.
- Ability to critically review customer credit worthiness and status of outstanding customer receivables and place accounts on credit hold or remove as per self-determination.
- Ensure productivity of workforce
- Ensures team members are trained in appropriate functions and applications
- Develops and implements strategies to reduce DSO
- Uses progressive discipline as needed
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the business.
What does it take?
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years commercial collections experience.
- 7+ years of management experience required.
- History of success in commercial collections
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficiency with MS Excel, MS Word, and Outlook.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.