Job ID: BH402501
Category: Senior Accountant
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Job Location: remote for now
Hours: 40 hours/week
Interview Process: Video interviews
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Ideally 7+ years’ experience but will be flexible
- External Audit experience
- Sponsored research reporting, accounting and policies
The Temporary Senior Accountant / Accounting Manager will support the daily operations of the Financial Operations team in various regular and ad hoc accounting and reporting tasks throughout the ERP implementation project.
- Execute the month end closing process in the Lawson General Ledger system.
- Oversee and maintain the fixed asset system, including reconciliations, journal entries and physical inventory counts.
- Responsible for reconciling various balance sheet accounts as well as researching and resolving variances and preparing adjusting journal entries.
- Review gifts and grant activity in the general ledger for appropriate treatment
- Prepare quarterly investment activity rollforward and adjusting journal entries
- Provide support for Institute’s annual financial statement and Uniform Guidance audits, including gathering documentation, preparing schedules and responding to auditor requests.
- Assist with treasury management responsibilities including daily cash reporting, monthly cash projections, reconciling cash and ensuring all activity is recorded in the general ledger.
- Review check requests for appropriate general ledger coding
- Assist in financial reporting and analysis projects for quarterly Board and Committee meetings and on an ad-hoc basis.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 7-10 years of related experience
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills suitable to effectively conduct complex and detailed analyses of various accounting issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to work independently on multiple ongoing projects at once
- Knowledge of GAAP and experience with external audits
- Advanced computer skills in financial applications and Excel, experience with Cognos and Lawson financial applications is a plus.
- Knowledge of sponsored research reporting, accounting and policies
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.