Job ID: BH402261
Category: Compensation Analyst
Specialty: Human Resources
Compensation Business Partner
Contract Duration: 4+ months
Job Location: Remote (East Coast hours)
Company Information, Industry, Size: Large Energy Company
Interview Process: Virtual
- 6+ years of compensation experience
- Advanced Excel
Compensation Business Partners are meant to manage the relationship with their business line partners, P&O colleagues and the Company Managers that they support. This job is responsible for designing/redesigning incentive plans, job evaluations – including salary grade guideline models, creating compensation guidance tools, advising P&O colleagues and managers on compensation policies and practices, and providing guidance on employment issues (e.g., FLSA and other wage and hour issues).
Compensation business partner will be required to focus on the Career Framework project for Enel North America, and helping the organization in job design/redesign, job evaluation/market pricing, exemption status determination, grade placement, enterprise projects, etc. They are expected to be an expert in Compensation and provide expert and creative tools to help solving the Company’s compensation challenges.
Responsibilities, include, but not limited to:
- Implementation and ongoing maintenance of the Career Framework, that supports the Enel North America employees. Includes the creation of and updates to the evolving structure.
- Participate in pay surveys that are required and new ones going forward to help support the market alignment for the roles that we have in Enel North America.
- Researches current best practices and trends and performs analysis on effectiveness, competitiveness and fairness of existing programs.
- Maintain and update the CompAnalyst system on a routine basis, including working with the team that manages HR data to ensure alignment for roles, and those roles are aligned to market data.
- Ensure proactive alignment of compensation elements as they relate to Federal, State and Global Enel compliance and regulations.
- Helps in the day-to-day administration of compensating roles and offers to ensure market compentiveness.
- Leads, administers and provides consultative approach during and in the annual merit and bonus process.
- Collaborates, as needed with key domestic and global leaders to ensure alignment, buy-in and decision making for all thing’s compensation.
- Interpret, communicate, and counsel People Business Partner’s and line managers on compensation policy and guideline interpretations to ensure compensation decisions align with the organizational strategy.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Activities, duties, and responsibilities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
This position will manage direct reports
- 6+ years of progressive compensation experience in the analysis, design, and administration of compensation programs.
- 3+ years of leading a team in a global organization
- Experience leading a Total Rewards function, preferred
- Solid working knowledge of a variety of systems and applications, with advanced level of Excel skills to analyze and aggregate data (e.g., pivot tables, VLOOKUP formulas, etc.).
- Knowledge of federal and state laws, and regulations related to compensation and pay.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, able to present data and recommendations in an organized and logical manner to all levels of an organization.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to independently gather required information to organize and complete assignments
- Ability to organize clear, informative presentations, both in one-on-one situations and in group settings
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.