Job ID: BH402125
Category: Staff Accountant, Senior Accountant, Accounting and Finance
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
A growing pharmaceutical company seeks a Senior Accountant to join their team on a contract to perm basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required, master’s in accounting preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of accounting experience
- Public or corporate accounting experience
- Advanced Excel skill
- Experience with NetSuite a plus
- Perform and Assist with month end and quarter end close accounting tasks including preparation of journal entries ensuring compliance with US GAAP
- Prepare monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting
- Review P&L accounts for proper classifications
- Assistant with month end analytical review of actual versus budget
- Assist with budgeting and quarterly forecasting
- Month-end closing task management to ensure timely and accurate completion
- Adherence to global SoX controls
- Support end-to-end process for developing, recording and analyzing accruals
- Support interim and year-end audit process (internal and external)
- Participate in process improvement activities including enhancing current financial processes and suggest areas for improvement.
- Supports the Senior Management team with various analyses and ad hoc projects.
- Assist in drafting of accounting standard operating procedures for assigned areas
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.