Job ID: BH401940
Category: Accounts Receivable
6 Month Contract
Job Location: fully remote, anywhere in the US
Hours: M-F, 8-5
Industry: Medical Device
Interview Process: TBD, most likely zoom
Thorough understanding of accounting principles and general A/R processes
***This is not a medical billing position. This role works in a corporate accounting department, and non-medical related billing experience is required. ***
One of the fastest growing companies in Georgia, and the fastest growing Internet-based business management solution in the post-acute care market, is seeking an experienced Billing Analyst to work directly with our customers and the other Billing Team Members to make a positive impact on our overall accounting function. In a high-volume environment, the Billing Analyst will be responsible for accurate preparation of bills and invoices, the calculation of sales, and verification of billing with accounts receivable ledger. The person in this role will be expected to work with accounting software, such as NetSuite, and be a highly advanced Excel user.
- Analyzing all billing procedures and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Detailed reading and comprehension of customer contracts as it relates to billing setup and invoicing
- Using Excel, manipulate data to create useable billing files and reports
- Process a high volume of extremely complex invoices for a fast-paced software company
- Process a high volume of credit memos, adhering to revenue recognition guidelines.
- Research and resolve billing issues presented by the customer and internal personnel
- Conduct basic operational audits to ensure compliance with company policies
- Respond to inbound email and telephone billing inquiries from customers and internal personnel, replying and resolving in a timely and professional manner.
- Reconciling invoices and resolving any discrepancies
- Work with Sales and A/R teams to ensure new and existing customers are invoiced accurately and in alignment with contractual terms.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel required (vlookups, pivot tables, etc.)
- Ability to quickly learn new software tools
- Possess a thorough understanding of basic Accounting Principles and be familiar with general Accounts Receivable processes.
- Detail oriented. Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Several years of current and relevant manual billing of detailed services experience in a high-volume accounting office
- Ability to review data, identify issues and trends and propose recommendations on necessary changes to management
- Exceptional customer service and problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently and as a team
- Willingness to accept new challenges and responsibilities
- SaaS and Professional Services billing experience
- Experience with using Salesforce and NetSuite
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.