Job ID: BH401867
Category: HR Generalist
The goal of our Human Resources Consultant role is to provide consultative human resources partnership while enhancing the employee and manager experience in support of organizational performance improvement.
Working directly with designated business units or geographies, the HR Consultant provides HR solutions support, process knowledge advice and consultation. The HR Consultant will also work collaboratively with the COEs and HRBPs to influence and execute HR processes and initiatives. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas, including, but not limited to: employee relations, learning & development (L&D), performance and career management, new hire onboarding, off-boarding, policy implementation, organizational change and employment law compliance. As a member of the HR Field Team, this role serves on the HR front lines in support of the business.
The HR Consultant will work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data will require an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. In this role, the HR Consultant will exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results determine methods and procedures on new assignments and may provide guidance to other personnel.
Employee Relations /Investigations
- Consultative support and guidance for managers and employee experience (career coaching, personal matters at work)
- Navigate and assist in the resolution of employee issues; lead employee relations initiatives, support of grievances/disciplinary actions and investigations to support a positive and fair work environment
- Support change management related to the implementation of organizational effectiveness solutions
- Union Relations (where applicable)
- Conduct exit interviews and analyze data to identify trends
Learning & Development
- Facilitate and deliver training to new employees and leaders to ensure a solid understanding of the company’s philosophies, expectations and tools to manage performance and L&D including MAS, Performance Management, and Talent Management tools – e.g. Learning Hub, Career Hub, TalentWorks, etc.
- Deliver training to existing workforce on changes in Performance Management expectations and process, and Talent Management tools
- Champion talent resources and tools (e.g. Learning Hub, etc.) to build employee and leader capabilities
- Provide support as needed for on-site professional development trainings (workshop kick-off and wrap up)
- Partner with Talent Management to provide feedback on training content, delivery, logistics, etc. and implement changes.
New Hire Onboarding
- Deliver orientation
- Oversee execution of new hire onboarding plans
- Partner with Talent Management to provide feedback on content, delivery, logistics, etc. and implement changes
- Partner with managers to drive engagement and retention initiatives including: performance management, engagement surveys, salary planning, retention analysis, etc.)
- Partner with Talent Management and HRBPs to support employee engagement efforts including analyzing and presenting survey data and organizational initiatives, creating and communicating actionable insights with leaders, and utilizing survey tools
- Roll-out and provide support for annual HR programs (Performance Management, Career Management, L&D, Engagement Survey, etc.)
- Coordinate and support local employee engagement events
- Oversight of local employee services, such as: cafeteria management, security, medical services, transportation management, purchased services, general affairs, travel management (only applies to specific regions)
- Participate in management staff meetings representing the HR function; prepare and present applicable HR-related materials such as program initiatives, change management initiatives, etc.
- Gather and analyze feedback from business unit and may partner with HR Business Partner and /or Field HR Manager in developing and implementing solutions
- Collaborate with Immigration Specialist on a variety of employment-based visa matters
- Provide information and transition employees to receive HR services through systems (on-line or through shared services)
- Participate in selecting the best talent in the recruitment of key positions
- Create and maintain filing systems, both physical and electronic, and ensure proper maintenance of confidential employee information
- Maintain ongoing compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations
- Conduct local government reporting and requirements (AAP, EEO-1, VETS 100 etc.)
- Maintain policies (outside of those owned by COEs)
- Manage and participate in internal and external audits
May support integration activities for newly acquired businesses
Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business or HR, or equivalent experience; advanced degree preferred;
- Minimum 8 years HR Generalist experience
- Manufacturing industry experience preferred
- PHR/SPHR or equivalent preferred
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal, or regional, employment laws, labor relations and regulations or statues
- Strong knowledge and understanding of HR processes and systems
- Employment based immigration knowledge or experience is preferred
- Must have solid experience in driving positive employee relations, to include strong problem solving, effective coaching, analysis and investigative skills
- Good judgment, decision-making, and problem solving skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others at all levels in the organization
- Must self-motivated and able to effectively work independently with minimal supervision
- Superior time management skills. Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, high volume work environment
- Highly approachable with a customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills along with the ability to present, train and facilitate
- Ability to adapt to change in job duties
- Some travel required
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.