Benefits: Leave of Absence Specialist
Job ID: BH401822
Category: HR Administrator
Specialty: Human Resources
– HS diploma or equivalent
– 4-6 years of previous experience working with LOA administration
– Background in benefits
Apply HR best practices in compliance with federal, state and/or local laws regarding Family and Medical Leave, ADA, state disability and group STD/LTD plans.
• Support employees and management, primarily via phone and email.
• Communicate clearly and concisely with callers while educating them on leave concepts and necessary next steps
• Resolve and respond to LOA inquiries received via telephone calls and e-mail in accordance with current standards and protocols.
• Collaborate with third party administrators, vendors, Legal, and HR Services as needed.
• Demonstrate respect, sensitivity and understanding for the caller's circumstance while maintaining professionalism at all times
• Prioritize and organize daily responsibilities in order to meet all deadlines
• Provide innovative ideas that can support the ongoing growth of the Leave Department
• Responsible and accountable for maintaining and protecting personal health information. Must maintain a high level of confidentiality and abide by HIPAA rules and regulations.
• Provide support to the team in times of high volumes, staffing shortage, etc.
• Ability to establish rapport with all levels of employees and must have the ability to work in a fast pace environment.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.