Senior Cost Accountant
Job ID: BH401799
Category: Cost Accountant
Sr. Cost Accountant
Job Location: office is located in El Cajon, CA
Hours: normal business
Industry: music, manufacturing
Size: company is about 1000
Interview Process: multiple rounds with HR and hiring manager
Manufacturing experience, degree in A&F, 5 years of cost accounting, advanced Excel & Access
*** IDEALLY: experience with Syspro
No suits allowed—here, it's Casual Friday every day! Do you love crunching numbers? Are you passionate about cost accounting? Would you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment as a vital member of a talented team of friendly professionals? If you have a sharp attention to detail, an analytical mind, and would thrive working on the financial side of the world’s leading acoustic guitar manufacturer, then this position might be music to your ears. We are seeking a Senior Cost Accountant with five years progressive cost accounting experience within a manufacturing environment. In this role, working closely with the operations and management teams, you’ll help move the company forward with detailed financial reporting, making recommendations for future plans based on your analysis. You will be responsible for providing manufacturing variances and gross margin analysis. You will also be responsible for month-end close tasks, account reconciliations, and assisting with the annual budgeting process.
If you’re looking to apply your knowledge and skills at a company with a great culture and a world-renowned product line, please apply online today!
Senior Cost Accountant with 5 plus years progressive cost accounting experience in a manufacturing setting. Responsible for the related month-end close tasks, account reconciliations and assist with the annual budgeting process. Provide manufacturing variance and gross margin analysis. Work with operations and management delivering financial results and provide recommendations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s) include but not limited to:
• Monthly analysis of COGS and Gross Margin results in metric and narrative form.
• Manufacturing variance analysis.
• Identify efficient ways to collect data for product cost analysis and inventory activity.
• Continually work on reducing time spent on data gathering and more time on analysis.
• Assist operations and management on special projects and possess the ability to lead meetings cross functionally to deliver financial analytic results and provide recommendations.
• Work integrally with all functional areas in the Company to understand costs and variances to assist in providing detailed analysis related to COGS, operating expenses and financial results.
• Drive and take ownership of the COGS section of the annual budget, and report monthly on the budget versus actual results and trend analysis.
• Work closely with the Materials and Warehouse departments to ensure appropriate product costing and conduct audit activities to ensure accurate cycle counts and physical inventory valuations.
• Monthly financial statement and account analysis including providing recommendations based on findings.
• Use Lean tools to eliminate waste from the accounting processes while maintaining thorough financial control.
• Establish metrics to measure performance relating to the implementation of Lean Manufacturing.
• Apply Lean philosophy by motivating people, providing information that is relevant and actionable, and empowering continuous improvement at every level of the Company.
• Responsible for documenting policies and procedures within area of responsibility
• Maintain knowledge and stay abreast of developments in the fields of industrial technology, business, finance, and economic theory.
• Interview process owners to document processes, provide process improvement recommendations and facilitate implementation.
• Month-end close JE’s and account reconciliations.
• Assist with external audits.
• Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Communication, Written – Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
• Detail Oriented – Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills.
• Financial Aptitude – Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Financial Aptitude – Ability to pass an Accounting Skills Test that demonstrates knowledge of double entry accounting.
• Project Management – Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects as well as strong follow through skills.
• Team Oriented – Ability to get along with others and to work well in a team environment.
• Team Oriented – Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
• Technical Aptitude – Knowledge of general protocol and procedure pertaining to area.
• Technical Aptitude – Skill of planning and prioritizing work activities.
• Technical Aptitude – Possess the initiative to identify, research and resolve accounting issues with minimal supervision.
• Technical Aptitude – Be self-motivated, a fast learner and work well under pressure
• Time Management – Ability to complete projects timely and accurately.
Education & Experience: Bachelor's Degree (four year college or university) in Accounting, Finance; five plus years related accounting experience.
Experience in Manufacturing is required.
Computer Skills: Ability to learn new software applications as needed. Knowledge of Accounting software–Syspro; Corporate Performance Management software–our proprietary Database. Ability to be trained in finance software. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel & Access).
Physical Demands Lift/Carry
Stand F (Frequently) 10 lbs or less O (Occasionally)
Walk F (Frequently) 11 – 20 lbs N (Not Applicable)
Sit C (Constantly) 21 – 50 lbs N (Not Applicable)
Handling/Fingering C (Constantly) 51 – 100 lbs N (Not Applicable)
Reach Outward F (Frequently) Over 100 lbs N (Not Applicable)
Reach Above Shoulder O (Occasionally) Push/Pull
Climb O (Occasionally) 12 lbs or less N (Not Applicable)
Crawl N (Not Applicable) 13-25 lbs N (Not Applicable)
Squat or Kneel N (Not Applicable) 26-40 lbs N (Not Applicable)
Bend N (Not Applicable) 41 – 100 labs N (Not Applicable)
N (Not Applicable): Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally): Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 – 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently): Occupation requires this activity from 33% – 66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly): Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.