Job ID: BH401778
Category: Administrative Assistant
Coordinates and has direct responsibility for a program, project, event or program. Creates and implements administrative systems to manage area of responsibility. Serves as main source of information, effectively responding to inquiries from potential customers, participants, academic collaborators. Prepares and maintains records, reports, budget and plans. May maintain a web page, website, or program materials. Requires 2 to 3 years of related experience, excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and direction. Able to plan, prioritize, and track work. Basic or better proficiency on common office software.
• Serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituents on all matters pertaining to research programs and leadership.
• Manages complex calendars, including booking of large (12-40) working meetings, recurring events, and NIH/DARPA site visits
• Arranging for meetings, appointments, and travel for business trips for leadership and for research team members.
• Works as part of a team to implement new workflows for meetings and communications within the research group.
• Coordinates, composes, and edits communications including periodic updates to the research teams, memoranda, reports, presentations, and advertising materials. May coordinate with faculty and leadership to prioritize and complete letters of support.
• Assists in developing new websites and provides general maintenance for existing websites with information extracted from databases and research summaries.
• Organizes and staffs a range of meetings, programs, events, and symposia relevant to research activities, affiliated institutions, funding agencies and industry partners.
• Assists with meeting preparation, identifying meeting locations and times, arranging transportation/parking, and ordering catering, as needed.
• Organizes and coordinates select special projects with its collaborators.
• Prepares and produces financial reports using online financial systems, such as reimbursement for travel, corporate cards, company purchasing cards, etc.
• Handles other administrative and operational needs for the Program as needed.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.