Job ID: BH401495
Category: Staff Accountant
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
12 Month Contract
Onsite – Durham, NC 27709
Part Time – 2-3 Days per week / 16-24 Hours a week
The Senior Staff Accountant has the option to work full time onsite, partially onsite and partially from home, or full time at a remote location.
However, the Senior Staff Accountant should be regularly available during Pacific Time business hours.
The Senior Staff Accountant will be responsible for preparing journal entries, reconciliations and analysis to support the monthly close process.
- Maintaining prepaid and other amortization schedules, cash and banking, payroll entries and reconciliation, as well as additional accounting and analysis procedures as assigned.
- The successful candidate will assist in the preparation and review of monthly internal financial reporting and monthly and quarterly financial reporting to management.
- Perform monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and preparation of the majority of the month end close journal entries
- Work with bookkeepers to prepare monthly bank reconciliations for all bank accounts
- Assist in cash management forecasting by estimating weekly cash needs and proposing bank transfers when necessary
- Work with bookkeepers to review invoice entry, assigned account distributions, and wire transfers prepared for payment
- Work with bookkeepers to prepare journal entries for all payroll-related transactions and prepare related balance sheet reconciliations for all payroll-related liabilities
- Assist in the preparation and review of the monthly and quarterly financial packages for management
- Research variances to budget and trend fluctuations to identify errors and/or explain variances to management
- Prepare detailed schedules and support as requested by outside auditors in conjunction with quarterly and annual financial reviews and audits
- Participate in proactively identifying, assessing and implementing prevent and detect controls and participating in compliance with all internal control related requirements
- Apply principles of accounting and maintain the financial records in compliance with US GAAP, Company policies and internal controls
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Previous experience with monthly internal financial reporting and monthly and quarterly financial reporting to management.
- Experience with cash management forecasting
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel and Word required.
- Experience in the biotechnology industry is preferred but not essential.
- Experience with QuickBooks is required.
- Fluent English is required, fluent Spanish would be helpful.
- Experience in processing payroll, general ledger maintenance, journal entry preparation, balance sheet reconciliations and knowledge of basic accounting.
Position requires a BA/BS degree in Finance/Accounting with 5 or more years of related experience
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.