Customer Service Representative – Onsite
Job ID: BH401270
Category: Customer Service
Customer Service Representative
Des Moines, IA
11 Month Contract
Candidate will need to come into the Des Moines office once they return. For now they can work remotely. Will need to use own equipment to log into the GA virtual desktop while remote.
Participates as an active member of a team of customer service representatives engaged in the processing of annuity and life insurance support phone calls, post call activities and completion of call back commitments involving our preneed and annuity customers, internal and external by performing the following duties.
- Responds to inbound calls providing excellent customer service.
- Understands annuity and life insurance products, procedures and system capabilities.
- Accurately answer all consumer/customer questions regarding all products and accurately articulate features, advantages, and benefits and understanding the variances by State.
- Investigates client request or complaints utilizing system and contract provisions to provide resolution within established administrative and compliance guidelines.
- Focuses on long term success by building strong (internal and external) customer relationships.
- Provides a broad range of technical and operational support to clients and agents.
- Documents telephone conversations and written communication into a computer database or tracking system maintaining accurate corresponding hard copy files where applicable.
- Knowledgeable in using reporting tools and using good judgment when supplying reports to external customer and ensuring no breach in privacy.
- Responsible for reporting to work at the start of scheduled shift and must be comfortable with having all calls recorded for quality assurance.
- Provides other duties as assigned by management
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in customer service. Prior experience in financial Services industry with knowledge of annuity products, general rules and regulations preferred.
- Proven ability to grasp new products, concepts and procedures
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail with excellent organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and team skills required
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent phone presence and presentation
- Strong PC and Software skills, especially Microsoft Office products
- Ability to maintain positive attitude and composure in dealing with difficult situations
- Ability to be flexible and prioritize activities
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.