Job ID: BH401255
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Decatur, IL – Remote Possibility
6 Month Contract
The Buyer will have responsibility for the procurement of all non-commodity goods and services for all entities affiliated with the Canada hub including locations in Manitoba, Ontario, Alberta, Quebec, and Saskatchewan – including stock and non-stock items.
They will adhere to strategic sourcing initiatives through collaboration with plant purchasing. Job
- Manage Purchase Order queries for all purchase orders issued, weekly. This includes the acknowledgment and overdue queries. Proper management of queries includes periodic review (at a minimum weekly) of the queries and performing the actions required to address items on those queries.
- Follow up with vendors as the need arises.
- Follow up with Purchase Requisition writers as required.
- Follow up with Warehouse personnel as the need arises.
- Support the implementation of Strategic Sourcing contracts
- Responsible for ensuring 100% compliance with the Global Non-Commodity Procure-to-Pay Policy.
- The Buyer will adhere to KPIs developed by the Operations Purchasing Manager to track Procure-to-Pay metrics (POs before invoice, PO cycle time, timely delivery, PO consolidation, and others), and collaborate with location colleagues to drive continuous improvement in these areas
- Drive enhanced supplier relationship management through regular collaboration with the Division Operations supply base to ensure action is taken on all issues related to cost, quality delivery, and customer service
- Assist in sourcing projects as needed
- Partner with the Shared Services team to ensure timely payment of supplier invoices
- Support Corporate Procurement Team and standardization efforts and programs
- Identify and pursue opportunities for cost reduction
- Provide guidance in the development of aggressive cost reduction goals, cost containment purchasing programs, and timelines for Category Specialists in Strategic Sourcing
- Process Purchase Requisitions (PR) into Purchase Orders (PO)For locations using Maximo for inventory partner to find opportunities to share parts across sites, issue warehouse reorder POs
- Acts as a liaison with other departments on purchasing matters, including the scheduling of orders, selection of products, and similar or related issues.
- Resolves issues related to delivered quantity discrepancies, pricing, logistics, and contracts, etc.
- Address any and all invoices assigned to the Buyer
- Ensure accurate item or standard service number usage on all POs
- Ensure contracted vendors are being utilized on all POs
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.