Certified Medical Assistant (Milstein Family Heart Center)
Job ID: BH401156
Category: Medical, Medical Assistant, Administrative Assistant
Certified Medical Assistant
Job Location: Washington Heights
Hours: Monday, Thursday and Friday 9-5, 9:30-5:30 on Tuesday and Wednesday
Interview Process: 1-2 Virtual Interviews
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Phlebotomy /Medical Assistant Certification
- Knowledge of IDX scheduling system
- Training and experience in a clinical practice setting
- Knowledge of Medical terminology and 2-3 years of related experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in education
The Medical Assistant is responsible for assisting the daily clinical operations of a high volume practice within the Cardiology Division.
- Set up examination /consultation rooms; assure rooms are stocked and cleaned between patient visits.
- Monitor phlebotomy room and supplies. Place supply orders as needed.
- Perform EKGs, Holter monitors, blood pressure and INR checks. Conduct phlebotomy for designated patients.
- Utilize the EPIC system to input discreet clinical data elements: medications, allergies, vitals and patient problems.
- Responsible for room assignment in CROWN and EPIC
- Responsible for the clinical flow of the practice. Assist Physicians and Nurse Practitioners as needed.
- Perform general office duties such as monitoring the physician’s daily IDX schedules, answering incoming calls, photocopying, faxing and scanning. Assist with Front Desk coverage as needed.
- Verify patient information in EPIC and Paceart to determine and collect insurance payments and co-payments.
- Coordinate required patient documents to be scanned into EPIC for filing and designate to the appropriate personnel.
- Conform to all applicable HIPAA, billing compliance and safety guidelines.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.