Medical Secretary (Call Center Cardiology)
Job ID: BH401138
Category: Receptionist, Administrative Assistant
Job Location: Between W 168th St and W 165th St
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm
Interview Process: 1-2 Virtual Interviews
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in education
- Training and experience in a clinical practice setting
- Knowledge of Medical terminology and 2-3 years of related experience
- Must have excellent customer service skills in a high pressure environment
Knowledge of Epic systems preferred
The Medical Secretary will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the heart failure and transplant program.
1. Serve as Medical Secretary to support Center for Advanced Cardiac Care’s centralized phones.
2. Work with Call Center in screening calls, taking messages, responding to caller inquiries, transferring calls and sending messages via Epic In-Basket and secure chat.
3. Determine and effectively distribute messages based on urgency of patient calls to the respective Nurse Practitioner, Medical Secretary or Physician.
4. Review the physicians’ daily patient schedules to be able to respond to calls and inquiries regarding upcoming appointments/visits.
5. Reschedule appointments on Epic as required.
6. Verify patient information in Epic including demographics, insurance, etc.
7. Conform to all applicable HIPAA, billing compliance and safety guidelines.
8. Medical Secretaries will rotate and cross cover other medical secretaries in the department.
9. Ensure patient centered care by demonstrating behaviors that reflect a Culture of Service and will strive to meet the expectations of the “Seven Competencies”.
10. Other duties as required.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.