Job ID: BH401036
Category: Benefits: LOA, Benefits Administrator
Specialty: Human Resources
A non-profit organization based in New York, NY seeks a Benefits Administrator for a 3-4+ month contract assignment with the potential to convert to a permanent employee
- Benefits experience including leaves
- ADP Workforce Now experience
- Non-profit and/or union environment experience
The Benefits and Leave Specialist is responsible for the overseeing, managing, and administering all our employees' leaves of absences and benefits and is considered the expert in this area.
- Manage the administration of all company leaves of absence, including federal, state and local leaves, reasonable accommodation under ADA, personal leave, military leave, etc.
- Create and maintain complete and accurate leave files.
- Educate employees on all company benefits programs via email communications, internal marketing, one on one conversations, group presentations, and benefits fairs.
- Conduct and facilitate open enrollment, ensuring all employees can enroll in benefits if eligible and interested; assist with enrollment process when necessary and answer employee questions regarding benefits offered or eligibility; inform employees of changes to benefits plan or structure.
- Assist employees regarding benefits claim issues and plan changes.
- Assist with New Hire Orientation and facilitate the benefits portion on an as needed basis.
- Prepare and maintain OSHA logs and annual reports requested by OSHA and the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
- Track Family Medical Leave (FMLA, state specific LOA, personal LOA and Workers Compensation LOA, ADA).
- Analyze employee benefits data to ensure accuracy, including service from third party vendors.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for employees and manage leave inquiries, advising employees and managers on the leave process and related policies.
- Coordinate and process the intake of leave requests, sending required notices, forms and letters, and determining leave eligibility.
- Ensure compliance of all federal, state and local leaves.
- Track leave time working with HRIS and Payroll.
- Ensures all payroll transactions related to leaves of absences are accurate. Including compliance with the Earned Time policy.
- Communicate with employees, managers and human resources professionals to coordinate the return to work process, including accommodation requests and leave expirations.
- Responsible for maintaining current knowledge of federal, state and local leave laws and regulations.
- Develop, generate and present reports on a regular basis to analyze LOA and accommodation data and trends.
- Preserves confidentiality and maintain accurate medical documentation and files.
- Additional benefits administration and other duties assigned as appropriate.
- Perform all other duties assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Works effectively as a contributing HR team member, and serves as a backup for general questions.
- Stays abreast of regulatory environment and ensures compliance in assigned benefits areas.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.