Job ID: BH400834
Category: Director of Compensation and Benefits
Specialty: Human Resources
The Compensation Associate Director is responsible for providing a wide variety of business-focused compensation guidance and expertise partnering closely with HR Business Partners, global compensation team members, and HR centers of excellence (Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Workforce Strategy & Analytics, Employee Services. In addition,
this position will partner with Total Rewards leaders to assess the ongoing cyclical compensation activities and global initiatives to help evolve our underlying compensation platforms in response to global market conditions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as consultant to HR Business Partners and Management for assigned business units with respect to all compensation matters including but not limited to salary management, compensation philosophy, job evaluations, programs, policies, retention needs, and re-organizations to help support the business’ strategic objectives.
- Researches and brings recommendations to management for the planning, development and implementation of employee compensation policies and programs
- Lead the annual compensation year-end cycle, annual equity cycle, ESPP or other compensation-related projects including communications, administration and implementation, collaborating effectively with HR Business Partners, HRIS and other stakeholders throughout the process
- Collaborate and build consensus with Talent Acquisition and HR Business Partners on internal and external offers
- Conduct comprehensive analyses using market data for assigned business; provide technical expertise and proactive guidance to maintain competitiveness
- Educate and provide managers and employees about compensation strategies and processes
- Create solutions to complex compensation related issues as needed to support the business
- Drive identification, assessment and execution of ongoing compensation process improvement
- Collaborate with Total Rewards/Compensation leaders to develop, design/re-design, plan and project management of compensation programs, policies and processes.
- Collaborate with HRIS resources on technology strategy, improvements and enhancements
- Identify processes, programs or capabilities that could benefit from automation, process enhancements or re-engineering
- Influence and promote end-to-end consistency across programs and train resources as appropriate
- Ensure tools and subject matter experts are leveraged in scaling compensation planning, annual cycles and compensation program automation
- Monitor the effectiveness of existing internal compensation policies, guidelines and procedures recommending revisions that maintain competitiveness and fiscal responsibility
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent analytical skills including the ability to analyze a variety of data, determine validity, draw conclusions and make recommendations in a clear, concise and easily understandable manner
- Proficiency in analytical tools such as spreadsheet, database, and/or business intelligence applications
- Ability to navigate change effectively while being mindful of technology and business processes implications
- May manage projects across multiple functions and client groups, applying depth/breadth of expertise and knowledge of both internal and external business practices to improve compensation programs
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to influence client decision-making through the use of compelling data and analyses
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area such as Business, Human Resources or similar field
- Typically requires 10 years of experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience should include specialized knowledge of base pay, short and long-term incentives as well as specialized experience with compensation planning technology development and implementation
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.