Administrative Assistant, Senior
Job ID: BH400783
Category: Administrative Assistant
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED.
- Minimum two years applicable work experience required.
- Some additional training in office systems or other post high school education preferred.
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility Division. Position requires advanced administrative skills and experience in Outlook calendar management, word processing, Excel spreadsheets, Access database, presentation preparation. The candidate should possess a high degree of organization, the ability to prioritize assignments, respond to inquiries in a timely manner, follow up and communicate on outstanding issues. Administrative Assistant utilizes an enormous amount of judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters for patients and in screening and handling certain routine and administrative functions on behalf of the Division of Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility.
• Perform duties under moderate supervision with intermediate to advanced proficiency in
• Provide routine and more complex administrative support such as: typing memos and
letters, answering telephones, and taking and distributing messages.
• Types all correspondence, memoranda, reports, statistical analyses, minutes, etc
• Responsible for answering and screening incoming telephone calls and inquiries, taking
appropriate messages and making proper referrals.
• Coordinate calendars and meetings including: calendars for assigned physicians, managing
meeting invites, travel arrangements, refreshments, or events for department.
• Typing and disseminating meeting minutes as directed.
• Perform transcription of dictate physician notes.
• Work on projects, coordinate work, take initiative using all available resources, follow through
on issues when needed, apply knowledge as appropriate with little direction from Supervisor.
• Work independently with the ability to create more advanced material.
• Assist with special projects as directed.
• Provide cross coverage as needed
• Follow HIPAA guidelines for the management of patient privacy and confidentiality.
• Other duties, as assigned.
Technical skills required:
- Knowledge of practice operations and standards.
- Understanding of procedures including filing, copying, scanning, printing, and faxing.
- Highly proficient in all communication skills (phone, verbal and written).
- Ability to handle sensitive information and situations with poise and professionalism.
- Ability to use phone system (answer and screen calls, put on hold), handle more complex calls and give more detailed information.
- Ability to interpret information as appropriate; answer more complex questions in the most professional manner and communicate in a professional, courteous, clear and concise manner.
- Strong organizational, coordination and judgment skills. Ability to prioritize effectively. Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively, following established protocols, and work within systems.
- Advanced computer skills. Ability to use all applicable applications at highest competency level.
- Ability to problem solves and troubleshoots.
- Ability to analyze a situation and determine best course of action within established guidelines.
- Advanced understanding and use of medical terminology.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.