Senior Director of Customer Success
Job ID: BH400744
Category: Customer Service
Director of Customer Success
Job Location: Fully Remote. Has to be East Coast area.
Company Information, Industry, Size: Tech company
Team Size: 35+
Interview Process: Virtual to start. Last round onsite.
- 10+ years of experience
- Saas Company experience
The Senior Director of Customer Success role resides within the Regional Team and reports to the Senior Vice President of Customer Operations. This Team is essentially responsible for interfacing with a portfolio of customers to ensure customer delight and minimize revenue loss, whilst driving product adoption and additional revenue through strategic sales activities alongside the Customer Development Teams. A key focus of this role is to take leadership in retention activities across the respective regional client base. The role requires a high-performance approach with excellent commercial and negation skills, as well as good organizational and leadership skills. Due to the nature of the engagements and the level of individuals with whom relationships need to be managed, the Senior Director of Customer Success must maintain current and relevant industry knowledge and consistently progress themselves and their experience in strategic customer account management as well as Mimecast product and company direction.
This is a strategic and people facing role, with the candidate expected to take an energetic and proactive approach towards adoption and growth activities across the customer base. This role includes leadership for the Managers of Customer Success and will be a point of escalation for the team. Most importantly this person is responsible for strategically growing the team in an efficient and effective way. The Senior Director of Customer Success will also be responsible for developing and implementing programs that will position CS in the best possible way for future results.
This role is for a mature and visionary manager with excellent emotional intelligence; able to lead an experienced team and grow their skills to succeed at their roles. The person must be able to interact with many different levels of personas within customer base as well as within Mimecast. They should be progressive and forward thinking, but approachable and flexible within a highly dynamic environment and be able to cope with multiple activities at the same time.
- Contributing and participating in the creation and execution of the CS strategy
- Build scalable programs, including digital campaigns, that are able to address key business deliverables within CX
- Protecting ARR/Annual Recurring Revenue via customer retention and adoption programs derived from the CS strategy
- Driving proactive retention activities with a coherent national strategy that can be regionalized where appropriate – hence being able to promote and co-ordinate close team work between regional managers
- Excellent reporting skills and the ability to effectively communicate key initiatives and measures across the business to drive proper escalation processes and management of risk
- Dynamic risk reporting to the local leadership teams pertaining to and highlighting churn risk and downgrades to the business
- Help Managers of Customer Success with leadership in retention activities – escalations, assistance, reporting and driving revenue retention across the base
- Availability and ability to participate in key customer meetings when required to do so by team members, particularly when commercial discussions are required around retention activities in collaboration with the Customer Development Management
- Understanding business and financial measures when working on customer retention (NPV, Cost Benefit Analysis, Cost to Acquire, Cost to Serve and the likes)
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA Preferred
- Must have an IT or Customer Service background
- At least 3 years in a leadership and management role in a high energy, dynamic and entrepreneurial company; SAAS company preferred
- At least 10 years strategic customer account management experience
- Proven experience innovating and executing exceptional customer experience and retention campaigns
- Proven experience with the management of teams, including personal growth of team members and ability to deliver on a KPI driven plan
- Someone who makes sense out of complexity and acts quickly
- Stellar Communication Skills; written, verbal and presentation
- High performance and success driven
- Positive attitude, well-presented and professional
- Experience in sales and revenue growth
- Relationship building skills
- Excellent contextualization skills to empathize and understand customer pain points and work with them towards resolution
- Product and organizational knowledge
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.