Administrative Assistant II
Job ID: BH400541
Category: Administrative Assistant
Sets up and administers systems and processes for a department. Prepares documents for articles, cases, and presentations which may include proofreading, formatting exhibits and citations. Intermediate or better proficiency in MS Office, and willingness to learn company systems, is required. Supports faculty when they are teaching including preparing handouts for class, coordinating arrangements for class visitors. Participates in proctoring exams. Coordinates audiovisual support for the classroom as needed. Responsible for maintaining information on course website, producing seating charts, updating class lists, etc. Manages complex calendars, scheduling appointments with students and others, making room and catering arrangements as necessary, and preparing documents for meetings. Coordinates complex travel arrangements. Prepares itineraries and documents to facilitate faculty travel. Assesses different itineraries for cost, convenience, and faculty preferences and arranges for travel visas. Prepares and processes expense reimbursements in a timely and accurate manner. Performs basic online research. Obtains books, articles, and other information. Maintains accurate and organized electronic and paper files for faculty. Practices careful version control of all documents with logical naming conventions. Greets visitors as primary contact on faculty member's behalf, and responds to phone calls, faxes, voicemail, and emails in a timely manner. Orders office supplies.
As Faculty Assistant, specific duties include:
• Provides complex secretarial and administrative support
• Prepares course and other academic materials
• Maintains course web sites and databases
• Coordinates teaching team meetings and assists with managing teaching assistants and research assistants
• Handles financial transactions relating to faculty allowances and course expenses
• Schedules meetings and logistics, processes expense reports; arranges travel, including visa and passport processing
• Assists with manuscript preparation, including proofreading and editing
• Assists faculty with developing PowerPoint presentations
• Acts as liaison between faculty members and students, staff and external contacts
• Performs other duties as assigned
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.