Job ID: BH400283
Category: Senior Financial Analyst, Financial Analyst
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for providing high quality and insightful operational reporting and analysis around key processes and KPIs that drive decision support. They will also provide margin analysis, various high-quality ad hoc financial analysis including investment return, cost/benefit analysis, departmental financial reporting and analysis, as well as forecasting and budgeting support. Through cross functional collaboration, they will use data analytic tools to identify and interpret trends in order to proactively recommend solutions. The Financial Analyst will be the in-house expert in our financial reporting systems and will be integral in assisting operational users, driving improvements to the reporting processes, and maximizing the usage and benefits from financial and analytical systems across all business lines.
- Prepares and analyzes various daily/weekly/monthly operational reports.
- Creates reports/ dashboards utilizing integrated and automated tools to provide decision support insights.
- Provides analytics and insights on various operational KPIs, reporting and departmental spend to drive actionable decision support. Works with these teams using problem solving skills to provide solutions that are effective and cost efficient.
- Works with cross functional teams and present analysis that ensure financial success of new and existing products and programs.
- Builds financial models to support various analysis including but not limited to, return on investment decisions.
- Supports the annual budgeting process along with monthly projections and variance analysis of actual results to each.
- Performs various account analysis in conjunction with month end close and balance sheet reviews. Supports various accounting functions and assist Controllers in their closing processes.
- Maintains tracking for capital spending and leased equipment.
- Enhances processes to drive efficiencies in reporting, forecasting, and budgeting. Works cross functionally, especially with IT, to support end users in their usage of the system including the appropriate training needed.
- 5 years’ experience in budgeting, reporting, and financial analysis.
- Must be proficient with Hyperion or Oracle EPM Reporting or similar systems.
- Excellent with Mircrosoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with financial and other data analytics systems and tools such as Essbase, PowerBI, and Tableau.
- Solid understanding of Accounting principles and ERP systems, Oracle experience preferred.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills that reflect ability to analyze a broad range of issues and provide solutions.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills, with the ability to prepare compelling presentations. Ability to work cross functionally and reach win-win solutions.
- Sitting, for an extended period.
- Standing, walking periodically
- Lifting up to 20 pounds
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.