VP of Human Resources
Job ID: BH399894
Category: VP Human Resources
Specialty: Human Resources
VP of Human Resources
Job Location: Andover
Team Size: 13 in HR plus a few oversees.
Interview Process: Virtual to start and possible in person at final stage
- 15+ years of HR management experience
- Speaks Mandarin
The Vice President, Human Resources will impact the company by providing executive-level thought leadership and guidance to the organization’s Global Human Resources operations. The Vice President is responsible for setting, enforcing, and evaluating legally compliant human resources policies, procedures, and best practices, and identifying and implementing long-range strategic talent management goals and driving the company culture.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and drive organizational effectiveness and support the Sr. Vice President of Operations and CEO/President on all major initiatives.
- Recruit, interview, hire, and train management-level HR staff.
- Oversee the workflow of the HR Operations based in the United States, Australia and China.
- Develop/review Contractor Agreements for professional services.
- Work with PEO to establish services in areas where Casa entity does not exist.
- Management, leadership, and direction for the entire HR department, as well as outside consultants such as recruitment specialists.
- Provide constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handle discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Collaborate with executive leadership to define the organization’s long-term mission and goals; identify ways to support this mission through talent management.
- Identify key performance indicators for the organization’s human resource and talent management functions; assess the organization’s success and market competitiveness based on these metrics.
- Research, develop, and implement competitive compensation, benefits, performance appraisal, and employee incentive programs.
- Provide guidance and leadership to the human resource management team; assist with resolution of human resource, compensation, and benefits questions, concerns, and issues.
- Ensure compliance with employment, benefits, insurance, safety, and other laws, regulations, and requirements.
- Maintain knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in employment law, human resources, and talent management.
- Draft and implement the organization’s staffing budget, and the budget for the human resource department.
- Responsible for ensuring Standard Operating Procedures are current and in place for HR Operations.
- Responsible for SOX compliance initiatives involving HR Operations.
- Responsible for reviewing US payroll.
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required; Master’s or law degree highly preferred.
- 15 years of related human resource management experience; including strategic and talent management experience.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP strongly preferred.
- Approach problems creatively to enable a win-win solution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of and experience with human resource information systems; ADP Workforce Now or similar.
- Knowledge of and experience with applicant tracking systems; Silkroad Recruiting.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Able to travel up to 15% worldwide.
- Able to speak Mandarin is a plus.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.