Director of Total Rewards
Job ID: BH399882
Category: Director of Compensation and Benefits - HRIS
Specialty: Human Resources
Director of Total Rewards
Job Location: Andover
Team Size: 13 in HR plus a few oversees.
Interview Process: Virtual to start and possible in person at final stage
- Compensation experience
- International experience
- Benefits experience
- Speaks Mandarin
The Director of Total Rewards will impact the organization by demonstrating thought leadership on the development of total rewards methodologies and approaches, leading the implementation of new projects and initiatives and directing the service delivery of the compensation and benefits teams.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and administration of compensation programs, health and retirement plans for the company.
- Responsible for related data management.
- Manages the compensation and benefits team.
- Develop, communicate and administer competitive total rewards strategies, including compensation, benefits, retirement, engagement and other work experience programs, that are cost effective and consistent with labor market trends and organizational objectives.
- Ensure compliance with all governmental regulations related to compensation and benefits programs.
- Provide leadership to and direct supervision of total rewards team members through effective coaching and performance management.
- Resolves disputes and communicates with clients in cases that cannot be routinely handled by members of the total rewards team.
- Oversee the review, communication, and implementation of the annual benefit programs open enrollment process and the annual total compensation review.
- Implements FMLA, District leave and ADA procedures in compliance with District policy, federal and states notices, forms, authorizations, etc. Provide related management support and training.
- Ensure alignment of incentive/reward elements with culture, strategy, and operational imperatives.
- Develop and implement comprehensive communication strategies for total rewards programs.
- Create a strong culture of recognition through the design of reward and recognition programs.
- Collaborate with the Vice President of Human Resources and business leaders to understand their issues related to benefits and compensation.
- Provide counsel on benefits and compensation related opportunities and challenges.
- Manage, negotiate and effectively partner with third-party solution and administrative providers.
- Analyze various benefits and compensation data to identify trends/issues and propose/implement solutions.
- Ensure all programs offered by Total Rewards are innovative and compelling with regard to trends, practices, and costs.
- Ensure salary administration guidelines support and align with performance management programs.
- Maintain a working knowledge of federal, state, and international legislation influencing benefits and compensation.
- Work with accounting and finance departments to ensure accurate financial reporting and compliance with all tax laws.
- Build and maintain relationships with outside legal counsel in partnership with in-house legal team to review Plan Documents, SPDs, SMMs, and amendment updates.
- Build and sustain collaborative relationships at multiple levels in the company; work through complex challenges to achieve resolution; build trust by including others and by keeping cross-functional teams focused on the success of the company.
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Finance, Human Resource Administration or other related field.
- 10+ to 15 years progressively responsible experience in HR or business including 5 years of management experience.
- Prior significant experience in the design and implementation of complex compensation and benefits programs.
- Knowledge of ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA and emerging regulatory issues preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Outlook and experience using Human Resources Information Systems.
- Attention to detail, ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of employees and managers.
- Ability to professionally handle confidential material and associated issues.
- Strong team player and willingness to assist team members as needed.
- Experience with variable compensation and executive compensation plans.
- Proven experience designing, defining, and implementing a compensation philosophy and structure.
- Knowledge, understanding, and application of federal and state employment laws: ERISA, FLMA, FLSA, EEO, HIPAA, PPACA, etc.
- Advanced problem solving, process improvement and change management skills with the ability to think strategically, analytically, and creatively.
- Proven experience working with and influencing senior leaders and executives.
- Ability to link actions to the company strategy and performance.
- Able to live Casa’s core values: fun work environment, innovation & risk taking; passion, dedication & perseverance; and honesty & loyalty.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.