HR Business Partner
Job ID: BH399600
Category: HR Business Partner
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
HR Business Partner–
Main Purpose of Job
Reporting to the US HR Manager, the main purpose of the role is to deliver outstanding HR support to the allocated region by supporting on the delivery of key strategic projects and HR operational activities covering the entire employment lifecycle. The role will partner with Management and work hand in hand with the Global HR function. The role will work closely with all people managers to guide and support using and instilling a coaching approach to leadership.
As a member of the HR Team
• As part of the Global HR function, support delivering on the people strategy for the Company. (Think Global, Act Local).
• Take accountability for specific HR actions required in Region, reporting on progress and success measures to the HR function.
• Support as needed the design and delivery of the people strategy that is in line with corporate objectives and enhances employee motivation, development, and performance.
• Support the process and delivery of key HR projects, current examples include workforce planning, learning & development, talent and succession planning and wellbeing.
• Your excellent organizational skills will ensure that we are consistently in line with local legislation, employee data is up to date and you will support in running all local HR processes.
As a business partner
• Develop a trusting, consultative relationship with managers, coach and advise on all aspects of people management and leadership.
• Participate in department meetings as required.
• Support and lead the delivery of local management updates and training on aspects of HR such as performance management, salary review, recruitment, any relevant changes to employment law or practice.
• Develop and oversee the recruitment process in conjunction with managers and ensure we can fill roles on a timely basis.
• Produce key HR metrics for both the Senior Leadership Team and local management teams.
• Provide oversight and support to the HR team on all Employee Relations matters.
Taking care of our people and an advocate for all employees:
• Support on business change initiatives and associated employee consultation and focus groups.
• Provide a visible and proactive HR service to the business, acting as an internal go-to and sounding board on people-related topics for employees at all levels
• Provide HR support to other global offices as required, including supporting HR work required to set up new offices
• Oversee employment benefits in Region, working as needed with local brokers on the set up and ongoing management of benefits as required. • Support the salary review, bonus review and calibration process within and across teams.
• Support the company performance review process, ensuring objectives and development plans are agreed for all employees and updated throughout the year.
• Support the delivery and outcome of the employee engagement survey, identifying areas that require improvement; work with the management teams on action plans to address them and run pulse surveys as and when required.
• Proactively ensure all policies, employment legislation and best practices are compliant, updated and aligned with the company values.
• Support management in administering employee orientations and required trainings
• Maintain the HR System as required and provide training to managers and employees to ensure they are competent and confident in its use.
• Manage HR paperwork associated with the employee lifecycle e.g., employment offers, security checks, etc.
• Production of monthly HR metrics
• In collaboration with the HR team review, improve and implement HR processes that actively support the business
• Process offers of employment and new hire documentation. Ensure new hires are added to the HR systems and all paperwork is saved in the appropriate place. Manage the onboarding process following the new hire checklists and support managers in welcoming the new hire to the team.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree required •
SHRM/HRCI and PHRca or equivalent certification preferred
• An experienced HR professional with generalist knowledge across the area of HR, and a good understanding of local employment law, specifically California, and able to effectively interpret it to stakeholders
• Proven experience of working with Managers and relationship building.
• Familiar with the concept of coaching.
• Ability to connect and build rapport with others quickly.
• Able to work at pace and balance multiple priorities.
• Be proactive and able to work autonomously to deliver a first-class HR service and drive change.
• Able to manage own workload and use your own initiative
• Strong problem-solving skills and exercises good judgement on when to escalate issues
• Discreet and sensitive to confidentiality
• A confident communicator who can engage and influence people.
• Exceptional organisational skills, detail orientated with a strong sense of responsibility for delivering things accurately and quickly.
• Capable of balancing best practice and legal obligations along with commercial needs when decision making and advising.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.