Job ID: BH399562
Category: Planner, Buyer
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Onsite Irvine, CA
5 Month Contract
- 3-6 years of experience in Production Planning
- Production Planning experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Able to manipulate data in the ERP system using Excel
- Has in depth experience with an ERP system, JDE is the client’s ERP
- Able to interact with reporting tools Click Sense & ClickView would be a plus
- Seeking someone who can problem solve in relation to operations.
- Medical Device industry experience is not necessary, but Production Planning experience in a Manufacturing environment is.
- Education: Associate’s degree can be considered with direct experience
Production Planning (60%)
- Generate work orders using the Manufacturing Enterprise system
- Manage work order progress, including working with production supervision and other supporting departments (e.g., quality, microbiology, engineering) to ensure production plans are met (10%)
- Manage issues preventing execution of the MPS and production plan. Issues include, but are not limited to, non- conforming materials or processes, material or equipment availability, competing unplanned requirements.
Procurement / Supplier Management (40%)
- Plan materials requirements and place purchase orders from outside suppliers to support production schedules and new product launches.
- Analyze build plan to determine purchasing requirements, establish and maintain gross inventory targets, including creating action plans to minimize inventory exposure and for scrapping or mitigating excess and obsolete parts based on business information.
- Manage supplier relationships, negotiations; evaluate supplier performance (on-time delivery), VMI performance, and provide input on sign-off on vendor qualifications.
- Develop and execute cost reduction strategies, as well as ensure supplier compliance
Demand Planning (10%)
- Develop the Manufacturing Production Plan from the Master Production Schedule and or Project Team requirements.
- Analyze resource availability, develop short and long range capacity plans with manufacturing teams, and lead teams to ensure plans are met
- 3 Years experience previous related experience,
Required Experience in purchasing and/or production control Preferred
- Proven expertise in Microsoft Office Suite, including Access, Excel, and Word; ERP (e.g. JDE) preferred
- Moderate knowledge and understanding policies, procedures and guidelines relevant to purchasing material and/or production control
- Moderate knowledge of material requirements planning (MRP) and inventory management programs (e.g., JIT/Kanban, Min/Max)
- Moderate knowledge of market and economic indicators, practices and procurement procedures
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in related field
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.