Accounts Receivable/Check Deposits
Job ID: BH399517
Category: Billing, Accounts Receivable
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
- Managing Relationships. Responds and relates well to people in all positions; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; looks for common ground and solves problems for the good of all.
- Drive for Results. Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; does not give up before finishing, even in the face of resistance or setbacks; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Functional and Technical Skills. Possesses required functional and technical knowledge and skills to do his or her job at a high level of accomplishment; demonstrates active interest and ability to enhance and apply new functional skills.
- Personal Learning and Development. Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve himself or herself; recognizes the need to change personal, interpersonal, and managerial behavior; actively seeks feedback.
- Creativity. Generates many new and unique ideas; makes connections among previously unrelated notions; is unafraid to use unorthodox methods; is seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Managing Through Processes and Systems. Designs practices, processes, and procedures necessary to get things done; simplifies complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources; creates systems that manage themselves.
- Financial reporting: Responsible for the financial reporting function of the District including the End of Year Financial Report for the DESE; Other reports as necessary.
- Accounts receivable: Tracking and depositing of all checks received to City Treasury. Reconciling of all accounts. Follow-up of all outstanding invoices.
- Audit: Assist Accounting Unit Leader on all audits, including but not limited to the End of Year Financial Report Audit. Respond to audit requests for information; compile backup material and files; and be able to answer specific audit inquiries.
- Reimbursable Positions: Maintaining a database of all reimbursable positions within the District. Running payroll and benefit queries and preparing invoices to be sent to private funders. Responding to inquiries related to reimbursable positions from within BPS, City Departments and outside funding agencies.
- Out of District Student Billing: Responsible for managing out of district relationships with various cities and towns, from ensuring that a contract is in place to invoicing for students attending special programs and schools within the District. Work closely with Legal Department and the Superintendent’s Office on contracting process.
- Year End Close: Assist Unit Leader and senior leadership of Finance team in closing the books for the fiscal year. Including providing financial analysis on accounts, and support for year-end closing transactions.
- Other: Perform any other duties as assigned by the Accounting Unit Leader, Business Manager and CFO.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s Degree in business, public policy or related field preferred
- Excellent analytical ability. Formal training in accounting, finance or a related field preferred
- Project management skills and strong orientation toward team-work and collaboration
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize competing demands
- Strong oral and written communication skills, particularly in translating data into easy-to-interpret, actionable reports, presentations, and findings
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally
- Attention to detail required.
- Previous work experience in the field of education preferred but not required
- Advanced mastery of Office applications, including Excel, Word and Power Point. Emphasis on Excel.
- Experience working with financial systems, preferably BAIS Financials and HCM
- Current authorization to work in the United States – Candidates must have such authorization by their first day of employment
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.