Associate Director/Plant Controller
Job ID: BH399145
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Associate Director/Plant Controller
Job Location: North Billerica
Company Information, Industry, Size: Medical Device/BioTech
Team Size: 10+
Interview Process: Virtual
- 10+ years of experience
- 5+ years in Manufacturing
- Have to have knowledge of both Accounting and FPA
Support the Manufacturing & Operations functions in all aspects of financial management, including decision support, strategic planning and financial stewardship. Lead the plant controller team to provide strong financial analysis and cost accounting activities to ensure accuracy of financial reporting.
- Develops and maintains a product standard cost methodology by product line and product family; Drive and lead the standard cost reset process cross functionally; Routinely reassesses variances and adjusts costing to improve accuracy
- Ownership of the accurate and timely processing of month end close, analytics and reporting processes related to inventory and Cost of Goods Sold (COGS), including, but not limited to:
- Confirmation of adequate support for inventory balances, reconciliation between the ledger and perpetual records, and average turns by product line;
- Recommend changes to inventory reserves with supporting commentary
- Reviewing inventory reconciliations and cycle count accuracy completeness
- Identifying Earned Production Labor & Overhead absorption, variances to be capitalized, reviewing efficiency calculations, and reviewing a comparison to actual spend
- Reviews quantification and commentary on Purchase Price Variance, Scrap, Rework, and Overhead Spend
- Acts as the liaison and financial business partner to the leadership of Manufacturing & Operations organizations; Participates in the planning and assessment of new initiatives and response plans to changes in the business; Proactively identifies, assesses, and presents business opportunities; Reviews and participates in the contract drafting process of supplier/ vendor contracts and provide meaningful feedback
- Provides financial analysis and commentary to Finance, Manufacturing & Operations teams in assessing actual product cost to budget and forecasts. Compiles data from disparate sources to identify and assess performance and underlying trends with a focus on profit enhancing opportunities
- Leads and directs the forecast and annual budget process for product COGS and overhead spend. Collaborates with functional leaders to identify changes in demand, the supply chain, internal manufacturing and quality technology and process and other factors that have the potential to drive change in COGS
- Compile and develop clear and well thought out financial presentations for trend reviews, budget/ forecast assumptions, or ad hoc topics; Deliver and communicate the presentation with the right context and technical level based on upon diverse audience base (financial versus non-financial, management or executive team, etc..)
- Ensures compliance with Corporate Policy, and Sarbanes-Oxley rule 404 controls. Maintain current knowledge of, and proactively promotes SOX and financial reporting compliance with the full range of related internal and external systems and processes.
- Become the subject matter expert in ERP modules and systems related to cost accounting; understand the intricacies of the shop order transaction flow and how they are mapped to the general ledger; proactive participant in ERP or systems project teams within the COGS and Manufacturing and Operations functions; Act as the finance subject matter expert during ERP or systems implementation or enhancements
- Continuous development and leading a strong high functioning plant controller team; Train and mentor direct reports
- Produces Ad Hoc reports and analysis as needed
- Demonstrates and promotes the companies values of accountability, communication, customer commitment, entrepreneurial spirit, integrity, safety and teamwork.
Typical Minimum Skills And Experience And Education
- BS/BA in Accounting or equivalent; CPA preferred
- 10+ years of finance and accounting experience and at least 5 years in a manufacturing environment
- Strong cost accounting and analytical skills
- Financial statement knowledge and understanding of U.S. GAAP
- Formal Sarbanes-Oxley experience preferred
- Strong understanding and experience with ERP systems and use of IT reporting tools
- Analytical and detail-oriented self-starter with a high emphasis on teamwork, timeliness, and quality of work
- Strong Communication and Leadership skills with demonstrated ability to write and present analytical summaries to all levels of the organization
- Intellectual curiosity in working on cross functional teams throughout the organization
- Ability to work in a high paced environment, supporting activities and demands of a growth-oriented company
- Demonstrated ability to work well with all levels of management with consistent energy, enthusiasm and professionalism.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.