Benefits: Retirement Plan Consultant
Job ID: BH398870
Category: Benefits Administrator
Specialty: Human Resources
Retirement Plan consultant
Contract Duration: 6 months
Job Location: Watertown (Starting out fully remote. Turning into hybrid in Oct unless things get worse
Interview Process: Virtual
- Knowledge of Plan Administration
- MS Office
- BA or Associates
- Benefits experience is a bonus
As the Retirement Plan Consultant you will perform administrative processes related to Retirement plan in accordance with the plan document and pertinent ERISA and IRS rules and regulations. In addition, you will perform various activities related to employee benefits. Assignment Scope: Retirement Plan (401a plan)
- ? Conduct retirement plan administration. This includes, but is not limited to conducting retirement plan calculations for employees (active, termed, rehires, LTD members); educating eligible employees on distribution options; processing requested elections; maintaining records for retirement eligible and active participants.
- ? Run Payroll Reports using PDS Vista and Crystal Reports.
- ? Manage and complete the transition from Access database to HRIS.
- ? Maintain Access database until transition is complete.
- ? Monitor employee eligibility and ensure that participation and contributions are in accordance with plan document. ? Responsible for new participant enrollment process, including communications to employees and account set up with retirement plan administrator – enroll newly eligible participants in the Fidelity PDS website.
- ? Prepare monthly contribution, timely and accurately, and in accordance with the plan document.
- ? Calculate and coordinate retirement benefits for employees on LTD.
- ? Responsible for plan forfeiture processes using Fidelity PDS site.
- ? Document all retirement actions/transactions including client issues including nature and date of resolution in Pension P:Drive. Employee Benefits
- ? Provide payroll information for employee benefit election processing
- ? Process employee benefit invoices to include audits of enrolled to HRIS and payroll. Run Payroll Reports using PDS Vista and Crystal Reports.
- ? Reconcile COBRA payments.
- ? Maintain all benefit materials for employees on EMpTrust onboarding tool and askHowe.
- ? Knowledge of Defined Contribution Plan Administration ? Exceptional analytical skills
- ? Strong written and oral communication skills
- ? Detail oriented
- ? Knowledge of annual audit process
- ? Ability to work independently and to work as a member of a team
- ? Proficient with Microsoft Office and GSuite products as well as some database experience
- ? Ability to work with confidential information
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.