Job ID: BH398104
Category: Accounts Payable Coordinator, Accounts Payable
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
The AP Specialist is responsible for performing accounts payable related duties on a professional level and works closely with the AP Manager and individual business units as well as vendors. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: invoice processing and payment, business partner relationships, statement reconciliations and the recording of sales and use tax values.
• Processes a high volume of invoices to include purchase orders/subcontracts, job and phase.
• Communicates with business partners regarding status of open invoices.
• Reconciles vendor statements within 5 business days of receipt.
• Reconciles AP Aging report for assigned vendors.
• Records sales and use tax amounts.
• Ensures prompt processing and payment of discount invoices.
• Executes timely check runs on the 10th and the 20th of each month as well as ad hoc check runs.
• Communicates with business partners and contracts administrator regarding compliance issues and/or change orders.
• Update tracking spreadsheet for invoice and compliance issues.
• Participates in developing efficiencies in the accounts payable processes.
Education & Experience:
• Minimum of two (2) years of high-volume invoice processing in a mid to large sized company environment
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent educational/professional experience
• Knowledge of Microsoft Suite
• Knowledge of ERP systems valued. CMiC – preferred but not required
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to problem solve.
• Demonstrated ability to manage shifting priorities.
• Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills
• Knowledge/Understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and accounting software systems
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.