Job ID: BH397974
Category: Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Practice Assistant
- HS Diploma/GED
- 3-5 years’ experience in Healthcare setting
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite Programs and Windows System
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
The Practice Assistant will provide administrative and customer support to the department through various tasks and responsibilities outline below.
Actual job duties may vary by department:
- Perform duties under moderate supervision with intermediate to advanced proficiency in administrative skills.
- Provide routine and more complex administrative support such as: typing memos and letters, answering telephones, and taking and distributing messages.
- Coordinate calendar and schedules including coordinate calendars for several managers or coordinates events for department.
- Proofread and edit manuscripts, perform library or literature searches, and help to create and edit presentation materials.
- Work with less direction with ability to create more advanced material.
- Helps to prepare and edit grant applications and other related materials with less direction and more applicable knowledge of the process.
- Perform transcription of dictated physician notes.
- Assist with training and orienting staff as needed.
- Provide cross coverage as needed.
- Assist with special projects as directed.
- Follow HIPAA guidelines for the management of patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Level of education required:
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Bilingual a PLUS!
Work experience required:
- 3-5 years in a health care setting required.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology is preferred.
- Computer knowledge required: Windows, Networking, MS Outlook, MS Word, and MS Excel.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines, and work under pressure.
- Ability to use discretion in confidential matters.
- Ability to read, write and articulate in English is required.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.