Senior Director, Organizational Development & Learning
Job ID: BH397859
Category: HR Operations
Specialty: Human Resources
Senior Director, Organizational Development and Learning
Job Location: Malden
Company Information, Industry, Size: Healthcare
Interview Process: Virtual to start final round may be in person
- 7+ years of experience.
- Non Profit experience.
The Senior Director, will be responsible for developing and executing an adaptive strategy across the organization that builds organizational capabilities and addresses emerging strategic and organizational needs in the areas of Learning, OD and Talent Management processes. The Sr. Director will consult with departments and service lines and help them develop and implement a strategy to improve the performance of their leaders, teams, and organization.
- Partners with the Chief Diversity Equity and Inclusion Officer, the HR teams and other leaders to assess needs and identify opportunities to build and implement appropriate learning and OD solutions that develop and engage our employees.
- Creates, designs, and executes an OD/L strategy that incorporates change management methodologies, learning technologies, and evaluative measures.
- Designs, develops and implements talent management processes like talent and succession planning, talent assessment strategy and performance development processes across the organization.
- Able to navigate the balance between academic/process rigor and practitioner reality.
- Oversees the design and development of training content and materials that incorporate adult learning and instructional design principles. May also individual design and deliver such content
- Able to adapt facilitation style to engage audiences across a spectrum of levels, functions, and needs; Ensures diversity of delivery methods, including in-person, webinars, eLearning, podcasts, cohort programs, etc., to meet the needs of our employees, teams and organization
- Identifies and engages external consultants/vendors as needed, including directing and monitoring their work.
- Works closely with the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer to integrate DEI strategy and metrics into programs and initiatives.
- Manages and monitors multiple projects and initiatives Expertise in the design and development of employee engagement and pulse surveys, including analysis of data to identify and share insights to HR and business leaders.
- Effectively presents to a variety of audiences including Board of Trustees and the Senior Leadership Team
- Takes the lead on ad-hoc requests and projects
- Assesses OD needs of operating, business and functional units.
- Plans and leads short- and long-term planning for OD programs.
- Prepares budgetary recommendations that meet departmental goals and provide for effective management of resources.
- Supervises a group of OD employees in various disciplines
- Ability to facilitate teams through difficult conversations in an effort to problem solve and work toward favorable team outcomes Serves as a thought leader and influential resource to implement best practices in OD initiatives especially with change leadership Work with vendors and subject matter experts to deliver comprehensive learning solutions
- Partners with Labor and Employee Relations and HR Advisors on departmental OD interventions
- Connects leaders and staff development to workforce planning analytics and key stakeholders to develop the talent pipelines of the future.
- Acts as an internal consultant for:Coaching (especially executive and leadership coaching) MentoringTeambuildingConflict resolutionResearches, evaluates and implements effective and cutting edge OD strategies
- Participates in oversight of the organizational engagement strategy, partnering with key stakeholders to customize approaches as needed.
- Oversight of competency issues related to regulatory and compliance readiness and surveying (e.g. TJC, DPH, etc.)Designs and establishes benchmarks that measure the impact and effectiveness of organizational development programs on the organization's overall performance.
- Combine a great mix of project management, classroom standup skills and solid experience in relationship management with clients in a highly complex academic medicine environment.
- Proven exceptional communication, facilitation, and influencing skills
- Demonstrates ability to think strategically and creatively and skilled at using data to draw out themes that 'tell a story'
- Proven success in driving change and influencing the adoption of new ideas
- Experience working as an internal consultant with strong consultative and diagnostic skills.
- Excellent project planning and project management skills.
- Ability to manage and execute multiple deliverables simultaneously.
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning with the flexibility to adapt to shifting priorities and navigate ambiguous situations.
- Proven success conceptualizing, developing, and managing scalable and engaging programs in a geographically diverse organization.
- Skilled at assessing needs, presenting creative solutions, developing action plans, and executing results.
- Experience collaborating with subject matter experts and external vendors across multiple disciplines to build and deliver innovative solutions.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience A graduate degree in organization development, industrial/organizational psychology, organization behavior, communications, leadership development, or related area preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Certification in assessment/feedback instruments (e.g. DISC, MBTI, ECI, ILS, OCS, Firo-B, TKI, Social Styles, 360 assessments etc.) preferred.
- Experience working in nonprofit organizations and particularly in Healthcare a plus.
- Experience supporting organization development projects like Engagement surveys,
- Change management, and Diversity and Inclusion. Experience coaching managers and skilled professionals; coaching certification a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Google apps or related software.
- Excellent presentation and facilitator skills.
- Ability to evaluate and research training options and alternatives.
- Adept with a variety of multimedia training platforms and methods.
- Ability to design and implement effective training and development.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Demonstrated track record of facilitating successful hands-on and virtual learning and development experiences.
- Strong supervisory skills for internal team management
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.