Faculty Support Specialist
Job ID: BH397768
Category: Administrative Assistant
What you’ll do:
• Manage course delivery: update the learning management system, track student work, liaise with prominent guests, coordinate audiovisual support, and organize in-class activities
• Communicate professionally with internal and external stakeholders on behalf of the faculty
• Manage complex calendars, travel arrangements, and expense reimbursements
• Proofread cases and papers, retrieve research resources, and submit materials for publishing and distribution on campus and globally
• Plan events: communicate with guests, reserve rooms, order catering, and manage all logistics
• Prepare meeting documentation, manage filing systems, and maintain office inventory
• Collaborate with fellow Faculty Support Specialists on projects and departmental activities
• Move projects forward and continually look for ways to leverage faculty time
Who you are:
• You set a high bar for yourself with attention to detail and strong customer service
• You know how to be helpful even when you don’t have the answer
• Adaptability is second nature; with constant change, you are flexible and receptive to feedback
• You are comfortable juggling competing priorities, reporting to multiple supervisors, and accommodating a broad range of work-styles
• You work well independently and also contribute as a valuable team member
• People describe you as reliable – you always follow through and strive to surpass expectations
• You’ve earned a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• You’ve worked in an office environment before and are proficient with Microsoft Office
Why you’ll love this job:
• Make an impact helping others achieve their goals by utilizing your administrative skills
• Build relationships with a diverse group of faculty and colleagues in a collaborative culture
• Practice on-the-job learning in a supportive environment with continuous professional training
• Grow your career here – be exposed to the inner workings of a world-renowned business school
• Maintain work-life balance
• Access the numerous company benefits including generous time off and retirement contribution, taking a course or achieving an advanced degree for as little as $40/class, and much more!
• 3+ years equivalent experience in an office environment.
• BA/BS strongly preferred.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.