AP Specialist – Wakefield
Job ID: BH396398
Category: Accounts Payable
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
- Posts invoices into system, checks for accuracy, verifies account codes, etc.
- Receives and sends non-purchase order invoices for department approval.
- Resolves problems with invoices before paying.
- Review/audit employee travel expense reports.
- Set up new suppliers. Modify or update supplier profile as needed.
- Verify and maintain all third-party banking information.
- Third-party statement reconciliation.
- Generate weekly payment proposals.
- Enter and reconcile all in-transit invoices at month end.
- Assists with month end closing and reporting.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Associate degree in accounting, office technology or 1-2 years’ work experience in a related environment along with a High School Diploma or GED.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office products.
- Experience with an ERP system highly desired.
- Strong sense of responsibility and attention to detail. Must be highly accurate and timely.
- Good communication skills – able to train others in simple processes such as expense reporting.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.