Job ID: BH396321
Hours: Tues – Sat 3-11pm EST
Industry: Clinical Lab
Interview Process: Video Call or Phone Screen
- B.S or A.A degree in Laboratory Science
1. Follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test result;
2. Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens;
3. Analyze specimens using approved testing procedures (see department SOPs).
4. Review and release test results.
5. Follow CLIA, HIPAA, OSHA, and safety guidelines as described in their respective guidelines.
6. Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and all maintenance performed;
7. Follow the laboratory's established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory's established acceptable levels of performance.
8. Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results, correct the problems encountered or immediately notify the senior technologist or supervisor.
9. Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
10. Follow department's procedure in reporting STATS or Critical results to clients.
11. If applicable, answer questions from customers or other lab personnel.
12. Maintain complete records of all testing performed on-site.
13. Maintain general appearance of the department.
14. Make sure reagents/test kits have received dates, expiration dates, and if applicable opened dates. 15. Review/train on new procedures.
16. Attend monthly department and any additional training/educational meetings.
17. Participate in all applicable safety training sessions. Know the location and contents of the safety manual. Know the location/use of all applicable safety equipment.
18. If needed, participate in government or regulatory agency inspections.
19. Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
Required Knowledge: A solid understanding of basic laboratory testing is required for this position. The successful candidate must possess good computer skills and be able to adapt to working in multiple computer systems. Must have knowledge of QC and QA as well as knowledge of all areas of the laboratory.
Responsible for performing routine and non-routine activities pertaining to laboratory testing and the reporting of results. Performs moderately difficult to complex tasks. Performs assigned analytical testing procedures in an accurate, precise, and timely manner. BS/AA in Laboratory Science. National and State licensure as required0.
Open to considering travelers if necessary. TUESDAY-SATURDAY 3:00 PM -11:00 PM
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.