Job ID: BH395037
Category: Senior Accountant
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Contract to Hire/Direct Hire
Job Location: Boston (Onsite)
Company Information, Industry, Size: BioTech
- Sr Finance Director
- Finance Director
- 2 Staff Accountants
- 1 Temp doing transactional work.
Interview Process: Virtual. Will have to go in for the final round.
- 5+ years of experience
- Public Accounting or Public company experience.
- CPA or CPA track.
- BioTech industry
Our Vision of the role
The Senior Accountant position reports to the Director, Finance and will be responsible for the preparation of financial statements, performing account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, assisting with audit preparations, verify financial records and transactions, analyze cash flow, and performing other accounting duties as assigned. Also responsible for training new staff, delegating work, and monitoring finance department work for accuracy.
To be successful as a Senior Accountant, you should have strong financial analysis skills, possess strong Excel skills, be detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to work with little to no supervision and perform under pressure.
- Preparing journal entries, and account analysis during the monthly close processes.
- Ensuring accurate and timely completion of month/quarter/year end close responsibilities.
- Performs monthly account reconciliation to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance.
- Creates and analyzes liability, asset, and capital accounts by compiling electronic data and required documentation.
- Summarizes and prepares financial status and transactions reports, including a profit and loss statement, and other necessary reports.
- Prepares financial statements and regulatory reporting documents.
- Reconciles sub-ledger to general ledger account balances.
- Analyzes financial statements for discrepancies.
- Support staff accountants as subject matter expert and helping coordinating information.
- Oversees maintenance of account balances and bank statements.
- Coordinate with the SOX department to maintain internal controls over responsible areas.
- Assist with audit schedules and audit requests as needed for quarterly reviews / annual audits.
- Maintains general ledger, month-end and year-end close processes.
- Assists in preparing documents and interpreting complicated financial information for managers and leadership team.
- Maintain effective relationships with the global finance team and other departments to ensure effective and efficient cross functional collaboration.
- Assist finance leadership with ad-hoc initiatives.
- Continue to improve processes for all areas of responsibility.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What you will need to be successful
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
- 5+ years of accounting experience
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Thorough understanding of financial application security, ensuring that all financial data are secure and comply with confidentiality policies.
- Proficiency in MS Office, particularly with Excel
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong research and reporting skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to cultivate a culture of respect and service excellence through professionalism, skilled communication, and demonstrated commitment to integrity, trust, respect, and equity.
- Experience with QAD, DocLib and Concur or similar systems preferred
- Experience with automated/integrated systems preferable
- Biotechnology industry and experience in a public/SEC reporting environment preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.