Job ID: BH394571
Category: Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator
- HS Diploma/GED
- Customer Service Experience
- Administrative Experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Microsoft Outlook
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree
- Healthcare Experience
- EPIC Experience
Provides support to a high-volume Primary Care practice by performing administrative functions. Demonstrates and provides exemplary customer service that is friendly, helpful, and reduces anxiety to all patients, peers, physicians, and hospital departments. Effectively uses various computer systems, learning new programs as appropriate. Answers multiple telephone lines, takes calls, screens, relays messages, and/or provides information to caller. Works within the electronic medical record for scheduling patients and communicating with others within practice. Processes requests for information/medical records according to guidelines. Updates existing patient information with strict attention to detail and maintains patient privacy. Schedules appointments within the department. General practice tasks as assigned by Practice Specialist and Practice Manager.
• Greets, directs, and/or assists patients. Assesses and prioritizes patient needs. Assists patients with forms if necessary.
• Opens, sorts, distributes, prioritizes, and/or files incoming documents, mail, and other correspondence.
• Maintains and stocks inventory of supplies and makes recommendations regarding needs.
• Answers multi-line telephone system promptly and courteously. Gathers screening information takes, relays, and manages messages and/or provides routine information. Retrieves voicemail messages, returns calls, or forwards messages as needed.
• Maintains a strong command of hospital registration/scheduling system. This includes registering new patients, updating patient information, scheduling, and rescheduling appointments, as necessary. Multitasks when needed to include checking patients in or out, collecting co-pays, verifying insurance, and addressing concerns as they arise.
• Organizes and maintains patient records, logs, and other controlling systems; retrieves files as needed. Follows systems to assure accurate, confidential, retrievable information. Processes requests in a manner consistent with all regulatory and compliance agencies internal and external to the Hospital.
• Prepares and assists with all documentation necessary for completion of chart, insurance authorization, and third party payors.
• Photocopies and releases information to appropriate parties in a compliant and confidential manner (including requests for subpoenas, third party administrators, walk-in patients, etc.).
• Demonstrates understanding of the legal implications of disseminating patient information.
• Obtains referrals as instructed by providers; completes prior authorization and scheduling of specialty testing and appointments using appropriate systems.
• Confirms upcoming patient appointments, verifies pertinent information directly impacting upcoming appointments.
• Performs all duties related to the Revenue Enhancement activities of the practice, including but not limited to co-pay collection, registration verification, encounter reconciliation, closing of the cash drawer, etc.
• Works collegially with others within the practice and hospital departments to support patient flow and operations.
• Complies with all practice, hospital, and regulatory agency policies and procedures as applicable to role group.
• Completes other special projects and administrative tasks that are assigned on a routine basis.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.