Job ID: BH394567
Category: Call Center, Scheduler, Customer Service, Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Scheduling Assistant
- HS Diploma/GED
- Administrative Experience
- Calendar Management/Scheduling Experience
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree
- Call Center Experience
Under the direction of the Supervisor of the Sports Medicine Team, the incumbent will receive incoming phone calls and online requests from both patients and referring providers interested in accessing sports medicine and other orthopedic care across the organization’s hospitals, perform patient registration, and scheduling processes. The key role of the Scheduling Specialist is to ensure that patients, referring providers and other customers receive timely, efficient and high quality service. This is a telephone based position; there is no face-to-face interaction with patients or other customers.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Functions as the face of departments to initiate and coordinate registration and scheduling for new patient appointments.
• Documents all patient demographic, medical, financial, and referral information into the computer in strict compliance with established department procedures for the purpose of getting a hospital registration number and scheduling of an appointment.
• Answers telephone, triages calls, takes accurate and detailed messages using professional and courteous customer service techniques.
• Provides basic information and instructions to patients regarding the practice and the Hospital. Arranges for transport, interpreter, and other services as required by the patients.
• Obtains all patient information required by the providers prior to an appointment. Ensures that the medical records are available to all health care providers.
• Completely and accurately transcribes call, referral, and scheduling information in multiple systems.
• Provides excellent customer service to both internal and external customers; supports ongoing communication and provides service recovery when needed with patients and referring physicians
• Maintains confidentiality and privacy consistent with HIPAA guidelines.
• Keeps supervisor informed of issues, especially as they relate to the interaction of the department with other areas of the hospital.
• Provides some operational needs of the office, including but not limited to ordering supplies; assist in training new employees and volunteers.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.