HR Operations Mgr/ Senior HR Generalist
Job ID: BH394407
Category: HR Manager, HR Generalist
Specialty: Human Resources
Sr. Specialist/Manager, HR Operations
In this role, the Senior Specialist/HR Manager will be accountable for managing HR operational activities including employee benefits and leaves administration, onboarding, employee relations. This is a great opportunity for an individual looking to broaden their skill set across multiple HR activities and make a meaningful contribution in developing and expanding the HR function in fast growing organization.
As a Human Resources generalist with an employee experience focus, this is a great opportunity for an individual looking to broaden their skill set across multiple HR activities and make a meaningful contribution. In this role you will be accountable for employee benefits and leaves administration, on-boarding, HRIS, and employee experience.
- Responsible for the management, administration, and compliance of all employee benefits plans.
- Responds to employee inquiries regarding benefits, policies, and HR systems.
- Participates in the development of benefit plan review and design, providing input on trends to maintain competitiveness, ensuring compliance as required.
- Participates in the planning and execution of the annual benefits renewal and open enrollment process.
- Ensures HR compliance with all employment and labor laws.
- Develop and coordinate full cycle onboarding experience and conducts initial orientation.
- Coordinates annual performance review process and assists with year-end compensation planning.
- Participates in the development and implementation of HR team initiatives related to company culture and employee engagement.
- Responsible for all Leave of Absence administration, including, STD, LTD, ADA, FMLA, Parental and all other required leaves.
- Completing various regulatory tasks through the year (ACA reporting, 5500 filings, Non-discrimination testing, EEOC Filing, and other regulatory reporting, etc.).
- Maintains knowledge of all applicable leave and accommodation laws including the FMLA, ADA, and state and local laws.
- Monitor changing employment law as it pertains to employee benefits and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Collaboration & Teamwork: : Relates to employees and management in a cooperative manner that helps others to achieve their best.
- Productivity/Organizing/Planning: : Meets deadlines, demonstrates effective use of time, and handles multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Communication Skills: : The ability to convey both written and verbal information effectively and efficiently.
- Willingness to Acknowledge Areas for Growth: : Understands need for growth and is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Detail-Oriented: : Follows precise procedures and demonstrates thoroughness in performing job tasks and assignments.* : *
Education, prior work experience, and specialized skills and knowledge: * : *
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or relevant field
- 6+ years of experience as a HR generalist preferably with strong focus on employee leaves and benefits
- SHRM or PHR preferred
- Experience working with HRIS systems, preferably ADP
- Ability to work independently and resourcefully
- Ability to maintain and handle sensitive and confidential situations and materials
- Solutions and results oriented
- Extensive knowledge of employment laws and regulations, particularly as it pertains to employee leaves and benefits
- Excellent interpersonal and decision making skills
- A history of improving processes and a commitment to quality and continuous improvement
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.