Job ID: BH394103
Category: Receptionist, Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Receptionist
- HS Diploma
- Administrative Experience
- Medical Office and/or other Healthcare Experience
- EPIC Experience
- KRONOS Experience
The Receptionist will provide administrative and customer support to the clinical office by performing the responsibilities outlined below.
– Coordinate’s patient and unit information to ensure that accurate and timely communication is facilitated.
– Maintains confidentiality in all hospital communications.
– Answers and prioritizes telephone calls within reasonable time in a courteous manner, identifying self and unit at all times.
– Give directions and general information to visitors regarding the hospital both in person and by phone according to unit protocol.
– Coordinates the giving and receiving of patient information to and from other hospital departments within established time frames.
– Maintains complete and accurate messages for unit and other healthcare personnel, assuring accurate routing of messages in accordance with unit procedure.
– Assembles and maintains patient’s medical record according to established hospital standards.
– Monitors and maintains par level of hospital documentation forms for the unit.
– Assures all reports are scanned into chart according to sequencing procedure.
– Monitors work queues for record completion, insurance issues, etc.
– Assures that periodically, all outpatient old records are logged, assembled, and sent to storage.
– Coordinate’s patient appointments and clinician schedules.
– Schedules consults and med clearances according to patient needs and clinician schedules.
– Records and communicates appointments, completion of consults, etc. according to unit protocol.
– Anticipates potential patient appointment problems and discusses alternative plans with the Medical director/Program Manager.
– Contributes to the efficient operations of the overall functioning for the assigned unit.
– Manages ECT insurance pre-authorization and ongoing authorization of insurance coverage for ECT including initial contact with insurance companies, monitoring of dates of coverage, communication of pertinent clinical information as needed.
– Assists with completion, preparation, and timely submission of department encounter forms to HIS.
– Works collaboratively with program secretary to provide secretarial support functions such as telephone coverage, scheduling meetings, filing, etc.
– Provides word processing, Xeroxing, and faxing as requested to support the unit as requested.
– Provides support for patient requests.
– Anticipates unit needs and provides support to unit for transport of equipment or supplies during an urgent or emergency situation.
– Prepares payroll for staff via KRONOS and resolves issues as needed.
– Prepares and processes correspondence for clinicians as needed.
– Maintains unit supplies and equipment to ensure availability of items for patient care and staff needs.
– Orders routine equipment and supplies according to established stock levels and requisition procedures as demonstrated by maintaining supplies within budget levels.
– Processes patient charges for equipment or supplies or transportation and special services according to procedure.
– Maintains commitment for self-growth and competency.
– Participates in own performance appraisal by identifying own individual goals, and reviews progress with supervisor.
– Provides support for unit projects as assigned and within requested time frame.
– Contributes to effective interpersonal and community relations to ensure the quality of patient care and to promote a positive image of the hospital.
– Communicates in a positive, supportive, and courteous manner to patients, families, visitors, hospital personnel and outside professionals.
– Collaborates as requested with other departments of the hospital and outside agencies to meet the identified needs of the patients and/or unit.
– Presents oneself in a positive and well-groomed manner to patients and visitors by adhering to professional dress standards.
– Demonstrates the ability to organize assignments and set priorities as demonstrated by completing assignments within scheduled work hours.
– Interacts with all departments within hospital.
– Performs other duties as assigned.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.