Sr Financial Analyst
Job ID: BH393844
Category: Senior Financial Analyst, Financial Analyst, Accounting and Finance
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
An insurance company in Braintree, MA seeks a contract to hire Senior Financial Analyst to join their growing team.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in accounting
- Analytic, financial modeling, forecasting, scenario-planning and reporting skills required
- Strong ability to synthesize and distill financial variables at a fast pace
- Hands-on experience with statistical analysis and financial modeling
- Advanced Excel skills
- A combination of career experience in public accounting along with work experience in technology, life & health insurance (insurtech, fintech), or start-up environments.
: In this important and highly visible role, the Financial Analyst will provide accurate, data-driven information and financial insights on MIB’s business opportunities, scenario planning, and reporting on business performance. You will research, analyze, and model financial information to help the company make well-informed decisions and monitor progress on the execution of strategic investments and operating plans.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Curate and provide visibility into key business performance and operational metrics. Provide financial insights for weekly, monthly and quarterly business reviews with key stakeholders or as needed
- Lead in building financial frameworks for new business opportunities partnering with strategic business development and product management stakeholders
- Partner with business development teams to support negotiations with business partnerships or potential mergers & acquisitions (M&A) if appropriate
- Report and maintain financial metrics that evolve with the business. Build for scale. Streamline/automate processes, reporting.
- Anticipate business requirements, trends, and variances through deep dives and metrics; develop action plans; measure and analyze results
- Provide creative alternatives and recommendations to improve business and financial performance
- Develop appropriate financial models, conduct benchmarking and process analysis
- Continue to develop and update financial acumen (skills / competencies) and further develop job knowledge for career growth
- Consult and partner with executives, business development, and product management resources to support both short and long-term strategic planning and decision making
- Provide relevant and accurate reporting & analysis of company's performance against historical, budgeted, and forecasted results
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.