Job ID: BH393842
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
An insurance company in Braintree, MA seeks a contract to hire Controller to join their growing team.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in accounting
- Management experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- Audit & Tax experience
- A combination of career experience in public accounting along with work experience in technology, life & health insurance (insurtech, fintech), or start-up environments.
- Responsible for the integrity and accuracy of the financial statements and underlying financial data; timely issuance of management financial reports; and timely reporting and compliance with domestic and international financial and tax reporting requirements.
- Develop, implement and maintain effective internal control structure over data in all financial, forecasting and budget systems.
- Provide support with insightful analysis on opportunities (actual vs. budget vs. forecast).
- Manage all accounting operational functions including: Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting, Revenue Recognition, and Payroll.
- Perform treasury functions, including monitoring all cash activity, preparing bank reconciliations, and maintaining vendor relations related to the A/P function.
- Plan, coordinate, and manage the annual financial audit, tax audits and reviews/audits by other agencies
- Manage capital expenditures, software capitalization, and incentive accruals process.
- Manage relationship and reporting matters with the audit firm and interface effectively with external and internal audit resources to resolve complex accounting or auditing issues.
- Coordinate and prepare internal and external financial statements and reports.
- Assist in budgeting process together with the CFO and other FP&A professionals.
- Manage the accumulation and consolidation of all necessary financial data.
- Evaluate and strengthen accounting and internal control systems.
- Assess current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
- Evaluate the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting databases or systems.
- Develop and monitor business performance metrics.
- Oversee regulatory reporting, including tax planning and compliance.
- Complete month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close process.
- Lead with influence and demonstrate a passion for excellence and success while elevating the performance of the team.
- Other projects assigned by the CFO or CEO
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.