Americas RTR Controller
Job ID: BH393837
The AMERICAS Record to Report Head Controller is accountable for managing all AMERICAS Record to Report (RTR) operations in 6 countries, including supporting ongoing operations, maintaining controls and compliance, meeting improvement objectives, and absorbing new work from business units into Global Business Services (GBS). Over the next year, this role will predominantly focus on the implementation of the RTR Target Operating Model and the stabilization of operation of the BPO in the GBS Operating Model Over the next 2~3 years this role will focus on maintaining stability of the RTR organization, improving business process and performance of KPIs and SLAs. This role will also continue to migrating transactional processes from (newly acquired) business units into the GBS Operating Model
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Direct and supervise the monthly, quarterly annual global financial closing process to provide timely accurate internal and external financial reporting.
Accountable for legal entity and IP holder financials.
Responsible for coordinating with external reporting team for consolidation, eliminations and multi – entity statutory accounting.
Accountable for supervising the AMERICAS financial controllers and close process. Ensure adequate controls and supporting documentation are in place for all accounting transactions Ensure timely and accurate preparation and approval of balance sheet reconciliations Manage internal and external audit requests and ownership of actions arising from audits
Work directly with BPO to maintain vendor performance and provide key input into vendor performance for governance team. Lead by:
- Shaping and evolving ways of working to optimise the value delivered within a global team.
- Managing performance through agreed-upon metrics; developing, operating and improving KPIs.
- Stimulating behaviors and alignment across the organization, supporting the delivery of the strategy.
- Motivating and building a strong and effective team between in-house staff and BPO team to drive targeted performance.
Develop and Inspire by:
- Identifying and developing top talent to significantly enhance overall capability and succession pipeline. This includes recruiting managing and developing staff within the local delivery team
- Providing coaching and support
Operate seamlessly in global operations and cultures, resolve difficulties with respect for diverse populations and ensure a culture of Ethics and Compliance; lead by example and incorporate cross-cultural perspectives when addressing challenging situations
Manage relationship with all relevant business customers and key stakeholders Drive Process Excellence by creating opportunities to improve, drive standardization and further embed control into processes within scope as well as encouraging innovative continuous improvement to standard processes
Organizational Context: Internal Stakeholders
- Head of GBS Tower
- Finance Towers Leadership outside GBS
- Record to Report Service Delivery Head
- Affiliate Leadership and Commercial Finance Team
- Financial Controls and Governance (FC&G)
- GBS Process Owners
- GBS transformation team
- Systems team
- External Audit Firm(s)
- External service provider management teams
- Professional service providers, external contractors and vendors, BPOs
Specific Physical or Environmental Requirements :
- Requirement to be co-located with the Americas Regional HQ but able to travel internationally on occasion
- Ability to work in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and demands on time
- Ability to operate effectively within a global environment, using remote communication, and appreciating different cultural backgrounds
Qualifications: Required Minimum Qualification
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Fluency in English conversational and business English (equivalent to Toefl IBT 105+, or 7.5 IELTS, CAE- Cambridge English advanced exam, TOEIC Listening 400+, Reading 400+, Speaking 150+, Writing 150+)
- Advanced degree in Accounting; Professional accounting certification or equivalent (CPA, CIMA)
- Experienced, credible leader, demonstrable ability to manage and inspire a team
- Must be IT literate, and familiar with Financial Systems, specifically SAP S/4HANA
- Experience operating a shared service record to report activities with in-house and outsourced staff
Job Specific Skills
- Proven ability to drive discipline and process orientation in a large complex organization preferably with experience operating a shared service record to report operation utilizing onshore & offshore staff
- Strong focus on operational excellence, lean process management, change management familiarity and leadership
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Track record of consensus building through influencing in a decentralized governance model
- Self-motivation, analytical, problem solving skills and initiative to achieve desired outcomes
- Ability to manage time, balance multiple tasks and constantly work with changing priorities
*CO candidates may not be considered
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.