Job ID: BH393830
Category: Assistant Controller
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
- Oversee and manage activities of the Corporate Accounting Team, including A/R, A/P, and payroll functions
- Lead the technical accounting research related to all accounting matters as well as new and proposed accounting standards
- Oversee compliance with internal control framework. Identify control deficiencies and determine corrective action plans. Monitor implementation of corrective actions for remediation of deficiencies
- Manage global monthly financial close activities in accordance with US GAAP and drive accountability by managing disciplined monthly, quarterly, and annual processes, and supporting strong analytical approach with teams across the organization.
- Implement process improvements to streamline the monthly close, reduce cycle time and improve information quality
- Oversee and manage general ledger accounting activities to ensure timely and accurate reporting, including consolidations, intercompany accounting, chart of accounts maintenance, journal entries, reconciliations and supporting schedules
- Review all unit’s monthly trial balances for trend and flux analysis and balance sheet accounts’ reconciliations, as well as Inventory capitalization reconciliation ensuring proper application of cost accounting principles.
- Partner with FP&A team to analyze actual financial results compared to annual budget and quarterly forecasts
- Manage quarterly review and annual audit requirements, including internal controls compliance
- Assist in the coordination of both internal and external audits, working with the audit teams to supply the appropriate information; As well as supplying requested documents for the Company’s tax preparation.
- Manage company’s external reporting, prepare/compile, review, and assess the disclosures and support the quarterly and annual processes
- Support with investor deliverables such as investor Q&A and other presentations
- Support the equity accounting function related to share-based compensation, EPS and forecasting process related to same
- Establish operational objectives and work plans, and delegate assignments to team members. Provide leadership, guidance, and support to team members
- Perform special accounting analysis and other projects, as requested
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. / B.S.) or equivalent in Finance or Accounting. Master’s degree preferred
- CPA certification required
- 10+ years related accounting and external reporting experience
- Big Four public accounting experience
- Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Knowledge working in external reporting systems, Wdesk and/or ActiveDisclosure a plus
- Extensive experience with multi-national organizations, ability to work effectively with international location
- Comprehensive knowledge of US GAAP and familiar with adjustment process from foreign Statutory to US GAAP
- Possess strong working knowledge of ERP systems and accounting sub ledgers
- Require a strong team player who can also work with minimal supervision
- Superior attention to detail, advanced interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.