Job ID: BH393008
Category: HR Generalist
Specialty: Human Resources
Contract Duration: Open ended
Job Location: Newburyport. Need to be oniste
Company Information, Industry, Size: Non profit
Team Size: 2-3 in HR right now.
Interview Process: Starts with phone call with recruiter. May need to go in for the final interview.
- 3+ years of experience
- Excel skills
- BA or Associates degree.
The Human Resource Generalist is involved in a wide range of support activities inside the HR department ranging from employee recordkeeping, recruitment, training & development, onboarding, compliance to problem resolution. This role will encompass a variety of HR related tasks on a daily basis which are administrative in nature, as well as being involved in more focused and/or long term HR initiatives.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to the Director of Human Resources
COMPENSATION CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt; hourly
- Regulatory compliance and reporting
- Assist with Performance Management/Employee Relations issues/concerns
- Partners closely with the Recruiter and handles overflow recruitment as needed which may entail:
- Conduct telephone or in person interviews
- Job posting
- Reference checking
- Attending local job fairs and other recruitment events as needed
- Leads and coordinates all aspects of the new hire orientation both remotely as well as on-sight for all new hires, and serves as point person for all new employee questions.
- Implement/manage employee recognition programs
- Maintains applicant tracking database and other human resource record keeping as required.
- Handles status changes, as appropriate, for internal transfers.
- Oversees I-9 recordkeeping and conducts audits to ensure compliance.
- Facilitates the new hire paperwork process and ensures compliance.
- Conducts background checks, including CORI and driving records.
- Initiates and oversees the required fingerprinting process.
- Ensures timely communication to employees and management regarding available training and certification/recertification courses. Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments.
- Ensures the timely certification/recertification of all residential staff for: CPR/AED, First Aid, and PABC and MAP, as well as the annual re-certification of staff for: Basic Human Rights, Universal Precaution, Fire Safety and Mandated Reporting.
- Schedules required trainers both internal and external.
- Takes a lead role in managing Providers eAcademy Relias training and works to set up new training paths and packages as needed for certifications and general training requirements.
- Assists in the filing and maintenance of personnel files ensuring all employment records and certifications are maintained and in compliance and uploaded into HRIS system.
- Backs up Receptionist as needed.
- Coordinates and facilitates employee HR events and/or clinics
- Ensures confidentiality at all times.
- Other duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or high school diploma/GED with at least 3-5 year’s work experience in a Human Resources or closely related field.
- Experience in a nonprofit, human service environment is preferred
- Good understanding of recruitment process
- Must be detail oriented, organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Enthusiastic, high energy, positive team player with a natural ability to promote positive work relationships
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Solid problem-solving and team management abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and must be able to improve performance through management feedback.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, and Outlook and/or Google email are necessary
- Strong technological aptitude to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.