Patient Services Coordinator III
Job ID: BH392924
Category: Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Patient Services Coordinator III
- HS Diploma/GED
- 3-5 years Administrative Experience
- Advanced Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree
- Medical Office, Hospital, or other Healthcare experience
Under the direction of the Administrative Manager and the Clinical Team, the Patient Services Coordinator performs the responsibilities outlined below.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Schedule’s initial, follow-up, and chemotherapy patients utilizing EPIC
• Coordinates and maintains providers’ master clinical schedules using EPIC
• Obtains intake information from patient and referring physician’s offices.
• Schedules Radiology tests
• Orders and obtains scans for clinical sessions, pathology reports/slides, x-rays, x-ray reports and lab results
• Works with Infusion Unit to coordinate treatments for patients
• Ensures completeness of EPIC follow up forms
• Performs reconciliation of daily schedule
• Prepares Visit Summary Reports at checkout
• Triages and manages high volume of patient telephone calls, utilizing superb customer service skills.
• Works as a member of a team providing support to providers
• Prioritizes and ensures timely responses to requests
• Maintains confidentiality and privacy, which is consistent with HIPAA guidelines.
• Provides cross coverage for other practice staff members for absences, vacations, etc. and during variations in workflow, as needed
• Performs other duties as assigned
This position involves close interaction with physician staff and fellow members of the clinical center as well as patients with cancer.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.