Job ID: BH392803
Category: Medical, Medical Assistant, Certified Nursing Assistant, Administrative Assistant
The Certified Medical Assistant will be responsible for the day-to day operations of a by assisting the professional faculty and nurse practitioner(s) in the clinical practice setting. The Certified Medical Assistant is accountable for providing quality care services and assisting the patients as needed in order to ensure a positive patient experience. The Certified Medical Assistant will ensure that all patients, guests, visitors, guests and team members receive personalized, prompt attention and are treated with receptiveness, dignity and respect.
- Escort patients from waiting area to exam room
- Take and record vitals and appropriate meaningful use information and populate into patient record in EPIC
- Pre-populate medications, allergies and medical/surgical/family history in EPIC during each patient encounter
- Reconcile medications and allergies during each patient encounter
- Enter orders in EPIC such as lab, radiology, referrals and patient education orders.
- Prepare exam rooms and assist physician and/or nursing staff with office procedures
- Coordinate patient flow with provider, front desk coordinator and secretary, inform patients in exam rooms of any delays
- Prepare and label specimens with required clinical information and ensure timely pick up/delivery to appropriate department for processing
- Responsible for entering lab
- Clean and maintain exam rooms and utility areas
- Remove and appropriately dispose of expired medical supplies and materials
- Maintain sterile and nonsterile equipment
- Keep current on all medical emergency procedures and support upkeep of emergency equipment on the floor
- Responsible for ordering medical supplies and inventory maintenance of medical supplies and linens in exam rooms
- Facilitate completion of disability papers, insurance and return to work letters, letters of medical necessity, visiting nurse paperwork
- Adhere to Divisional phone and email communication standards
- Facilitate completion of disability papers, insurance and return to work letters, letters of medical necessity and visiting nurse paperwork
- All other duties as assigned
- Will attend staff meetings as requested
- Conforms to all applicable HIPPAA, Billing Compliance and Safety Guidelines
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.